Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

They still have almost half a year before it even comes out lol, there's no reason it has be all be recorded right now

beachdude, astereo and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

If I remember correctly they had October booked for studio time to finish it up.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

If any of you know the website Popjustice, then tonight is their annual £20 Music Prize where It's Not Living has been nominated for the award.

I'll be there keeping you updated on proceedings.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. MikeERayner

Trusted

Fuck! They better play it!

5. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

They did not win the Mercury Prize. Maybe they should release a rap album.

6. RyanRyan

I think the last band to win a mercury prize that I respected was The xx...and at the time I hated that album and The xx haha

7. What about Wolf Alice or Sampha or PJ Harvey?

Joe4th and ComedownMachine like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

James Blake too!

Joe4th and Mary V like this.
  9. RyanRyan

I wasn’t totally wowed by that Wolf Alice album to be honest! And Sampha isn’t what I’d usually listen to, so I won’t pretend to know anything about them.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sampha :heart:

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Remember his set at Coachella? My girlfriend and I saw a group take coke right before No One Know Me lol

irthesteve likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

LOL yes his set was amazing, but I missed that audience performance

Christopher Trang likes this.
  13. MikeERayner

Trusted

Have fun tonight!!!

Mary V likes this.
  14. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the last Wolf Alice album was my favorite album of 2017!

15. RyanRyan

Maybe I’ll give it another spin then! Only remember Yuk Foo!!!

16. Matt

Watch this performance from Colbert if you haven’t

Mary V likes this.
  17. Holy... shit. They’re the best band in the world

More posting once I get home!

18. Matt

I saw them in a 500 cap room in Rhode Island...one of the best live show experiences I've ever had haha

19. What a night! A night that didn’t start so well! My sister and I arrived at the venue and tried to find my friend who was already in line. Little did we know that we were lining up with people who held reserved seating tickets, and the general admission line was in a completely different spot! So I ended up frustrated and anxious, just wanting to get in. We entered and found the right doors for GA and found that only a quarter of the floor was filled! So, we decided to go for the right front side of the floor, and wound up second row from the barrier. Before The 1975 even started, we were holding the barrier.

No Rome was fun, I’m not overly familiar with their music but I really enjoyed a couple of tracks, especially the one “about dying.” The crowd was really into them! Then... The 1975. I last saw them in 2016 and thought they were phenomenal. Tonight was even better. The setlist is unreal, the set design is jaw dropping, and sober Matty made me feel stronger just watching him. I haven’t sung or danced along that much in a long time! They felt like a whole new band. They even gave us some surprises, and if you don’t want to hear about their setlists, LOOK AWAY NOW BECAUSE I SCORED ONE AND I AM FREAKING OUT. plus Love Me after It’s Not Living... and Be My Mistake before The Sound
    46B2EFA4-E102-494E-9854-8DEDED82401C.jpeg

20. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

That guitarist always cracks me up. Him and the bassist from vampire weekend.

21. @Mary V did they end up playing People?

Mary V likes this.
  22. Here’s some more photos! I’ll be posting photos and videos on my Instagram tomorrow

702A9191-7D18-4A1A-A26C-DF1D5ECC18B3.jpeg

ACEA7E89-31BD-4CAC-B5E0-AB601A4C586A.jpeg

0E71905E-8D56-401B-BB64-99C1088A9068.jpeg

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  23. lati Sep 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2019)
    lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Wow! Greta was there?

To everyone - Today is her organized global climate strike. Do yourself a favor and listen to the new The 1975 - The 1975 and watch her 2018 UN in Poland speech. This girl is amazing.

Edit: I don’t mean listen to the first time.
    Listen in celebration and to get into the mentality of the strike. Lol.

Mary V likes this.
  24. Matt

from wolf alice?