Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Notes on a Conditional Form (May 22, 2020) Album • Page 156

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Lmao

2. plus Hann's guitar tone is super specific and clean - try adding some overdrive, compression and reverb or delay

ArmsLikeTeeth and PandaBear! like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

okay this is funny enough I'm not that mad that I have to be reminded this band exists

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

This story needs more pages

5. abcdefg123 Jan 17, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2020)
    abcdefg123

Regular

I finally had time to listen to “Me & You Together Song” and twelve listens later, it’s probably my favorite song of the year. They’re 100% with the singles from this album. I don’t give a fuck what the album cover is or how long this rollout is because I’m going to listen to this until my fucking ears fall off.

Also, anyone who said that this song has a 90’s feel is completely correct. This is totally the definition of British 90’s alternative and the video would have been a staple on 120 Minutes and although it doesn’t necessarily sound like any of these bands, it would fit perfectly on a playlist with bands like (early) Blur, Suede, Teenage Fanclub, Manic Street Preachers, Ned’s Atomic Dustbin, Sloan, The Candyskins, etc.

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

hahahahahahahaha

F673D9E9-6A7E-494F-917C-4619D075CB5F.png

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I don’t have any oversight over any of those bands (besides Blur) - you have recs of what albums to listen to?

8. abcdefg123

Regular

Again, i'm not saying that any of these bands actually sound like The 1975. But then again, what does The 1975 really sound like, considering their diversity? But for the short list of bands listed here, my album recommendations may differ from what "critics" say. I don't know. Anyway, for Suede, i'd personally recommend their first, self titled, album with Dog Man Star as a runner up. For Manic Street Preachers, I'd say Everything Must Go or Gold Against The Soul but just about all of them are good. Okay, Ned's Atomic Dustbin. They only had three actual albums so pick one. Doesn't matter. All three of them rule. For Sloan, who are actually Canadian, the first two albums, Smeared and Twice Removed. Smeared has more of a grunge feel and Twice Removed is a bit more melodic. Both are fantastic. And for The Candyskins, i'd have to go with their second album, Fun?, although Space i'm in is great too. Beach Slang also did a pretty fun cover of "Wembley" from this album that i'd also recommend checking out.

Also, I edited my original post and added Teenage Fanclub, who I can't believe I didn't put the first time, I'd go with Grand Prix 100% but you can't go wrong with Bandwagonesque or Thirteen either.

Sorry if this all reads like a long run on sentence. It's too early for me to do this any other way.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I totally understand that they don’t necessarily sound like those bands. The 1975 pushed me to listen to many different bands and artists I’ve never listened to before; Slowdive because of lostmyhead, Jon Hopkins and Burial because of Petrichor, Joy Division because of GYAT, and so on... so it’s more about expanding my musical knowledge. So on that note, thanks!

10. abcdefg123

Regular

Yeah, I figured you'd understand but I just wanted to throw that out there anyway. Haha. And no problem! Hopefully you'll find something you like out of those!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

The 1975 sounds like Ween but instead of singing about dicks and weird shit they sing about feelings

12. RyanRyan

Apparently Matty spoke of a hiatus in 2021?

13. RyanRyan

And also blowjobs and going down on girls and drugs

Christopher Trang likes this.
  14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Don’t worry...they’ll delay that too lol

15. drummerAVA

Trusted

He said Notes will be the end of an era of “traditional releases” of something like that... he mentioned that they would be producing for other artists and something about a film they were writing...

Basically they have a lot of other creative projects in the works.

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Bye Felicia

17. RyanRyan

Oh yeah the film thing. Half-expect that be like a summary of the eras music doc kinda deal? Idk.

18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Maroon 5 are so lame nowadays that they *deleted their tweet* just now... how fucking lame do you have to be... ugh

JamesMichael likes this.
  19. drummerAVA

Trusted

Maroon 5 hasn’t been cool for like 10 years lol

beachdude likes this.
  20. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

They can take all the time they need, they definitely need it after the grind they've been on since 2017. Gonna be really cool to see them venture out into other avenues creatively.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. The thought of them branching out into producing for other artists excites me. Imagine the bops that will come out of future collabs

22. drummerAVA

Trusted

Was thinking about how in a recent interview, they were saying Notes is very DLID... need some of these somber vibes on the record.

23. RyanRyan

Idk they’ve said it’s DLID, EP era, gone full circle etc and even though there’s elements of it (I guess) I wouldn’t hold Matty to that. Their twitters are scatterbrained and misleading at the best of times haha. Super excited to see what comes of all this, but I’m trying not to hold him to his sometimes daft claims hah

24. RyanRyan

Kinda sad that the new song has sort of dropped off for me. Hasn’t stuck with me in the same way Frail and People has. It’s dumb to expect every track to be this crazy game changer but I definitely don’t think I’m as infatuated with it as I was say...Love It If We Made It when I heard that at first.

Got plenty more tunes til release anyway. So the hype train continues!

25. does anyone else think they tweaked Matty's vocals in Y&MTS? sounds a little different on spotify