Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Yay

2. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Can't wait to see/hear what they have in store for us with the 3rd album

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Are they just using the title of the EP, or are they taking the songs on the EP plus new ones to make it a full album?

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Personally I doubt they're reusing EP songs

RyanRyan and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The only thing I could see them doing is using some of the ambient moments and expounding upon them. Like Facedown into Lostmyhead, I could see them doing something like that.

But them redoing H.C.B. would be everything.

6. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

There's a short little clip of some newer music on George's Instagram from November. Actually two vids. Can't really tell the direction besides more ambient type sounds.

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

They might grab a single song and rework, but I doubt they'll take everything. My money would be on either "Me" or "Heads.Cars.Bending" since they play them way more often these days.

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Chocolate Pt. 2 lol

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hyyyype

10. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

ITT We come up with lyrics to Chocolate Pt. 2

O well yeah we know where everyone goes~

Bryan Diem and smowashere like this.
  11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Guns are really impractical to hide so we use knives now.

Banger already.

smowashere and thenewtypetheory like this.
  12. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Just fuck me up, i dont care . They do a change probably no rectangle anymore so now im gonna have to cover my rectangle tattoo...thanks a lot.

Jokes i dont care ill add to it in fact...maybe

smowashere likes this.
  13. goation

Regular

I obviously love the 1975, but it's frustrating at times to see fans comparing other bands with an 80's influence to the 1975. You go on certain youtube videos and the comments are like "sounds like the 1975" just because of the slight 80's sound. Or like on the Pale Waves video (which of course Matty and George were involved so it makes a lot more sense) but I saw people saying "oh she dances like Matty" or "she is just like matty".

Like have you people never seen a The Cure video? This stuff is not new. The 1975 may be the most popular modern form of some of these sounds but I just wish the originators would get more credit.

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I really almost wish they hadn't said anything official yet about this. The wait is already interminable.

15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Told her from the start..

Bryan Diem likes this.
  16. Michael Schmidt

Is it wrong that I want a little more sax on the next record? I know what makes it so great is that they use it sparingly to make those moments more meaningful, but maybe like 4 songs with sax instead of 2? Is that too much?

Jusscali likes this.
  17. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I think the sax (or horns) is on more that 2 songs

18. Michael Schmidt

On the self titled record, I only remember the sax parts being on Heart Out and Pressure. On the second album, I She's American and This Must Be My Dream have the sax. I don't recall it being on others.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

How would that be wrong? The sax parts are always so good, and there's sax on music for cars the EP

20. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

Excited, but 2018 is a loooong ways away

21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

OH A NEW THREAD?

22. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Last night matty said that they cannot play "You" because this tour is about getting them in the mindset to record "Music for Cars". He went on to say that only the songs most important and personal to them would be played.

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Interesting. I really like You, who doesn't?, but I'm honestly fine with missing it if they're not into it.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  24. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Sex and MFC have my favorite songs of theirs on them. If I get an album full of stuff like "Undo", "H.C.B", or "Haunt // Bed", I will freak the fuck out.

25. Deathco_019

Drummer

Perhaps he was just referring to this tour when it comes to not playing You?