Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (Feb 26, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

This, Kanye and Anderson.Paak are all I've really loved so far this year. Am I missing anything?

2. Sophos

Regular

i know what you mean, not necessarily the 80s thing but just the way they incorporate such a dense, tangible atmosphere into every last song is really intriguing to me and ive been paying close attention to the way things are layered and how things are sitting in the mixes and just a bunch of stuff like that so i can grab ideas from it when im working on stuff, whether im writing, arranging, doing sound design, or mixing, this album has me thinking about a lot of parts of the process in different ways.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  3. Sophos

Regular

4. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Hah well yeah the 80s part would obviously be up my alley. But there is so much to hear here.

5. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Man we should all collab on something. Can we create projects like that JGL Hit Record thing did? Where someone posts an idea and we all just build on it? Producing/mixing music is my favorite hobby. I've done so much of it over the years for fun and I think I've gotten pretty decent.

6. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I'll definitely check out those on here I haven't listened to yet. Most I have - I've liked a lot of stuff so far but the three I mentioned are the only records I've really loved. I plan on checking out Polica, Miike Snow and Into It. Over It tomorrow.

7. Sophos

Regular

????? :-|?????????

8. Sophos

Regular

9. cshadows2887

Only if that doesn't stop me from making artist and band threads for 80s artists too

10. cshadows2887

Sadly, I legit live for when people ask for recs. Very few things make me more excited. So the odds of me being bugged are highly unlikely.

11. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Right now "Somebody Else" is my jam.

Well aside from "The Sound."

12. Sophos

Regular

i love when people ask me for recs too!

13. cshadows2887

Especially with older artists, because I've put so much time and love into them and feel like it's info they might not to be able to get from just anyone.

Prob how you feel with electronic and metal and such.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Aside from the intro, "Please Be Naked" is probably my least favourite.

15. cshadows2887

God why?!? Just those piano notes with no oTher arrangement could make me cry

16. SpyKi

I just like the other songs more. I still love that song, haha. It's between that and "She's American" and I think that just edges it out.

17. Sophos

Regular

shes american is so amazing i love the bridge in particular, matty sounds so great (as always on this album)

18. cshadows2887

Dat verse riff tho

19. SpyKi

yeah the bridge is fantastic. I don't think any song on here is less that wonderful so I mean no disrespect to those two songs.

20. Sophos

Regular

that was just an insanely heavy moment, what a tune

21. Let's make each other mix CDs!

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The title track is starting to really grow on me.

23. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I love "Loving Someone" but I understand why it may not hit for as many people as other tracks, however I think seeing it live might be something really special.

24. I made that list of songs you posted on AP's thread into a playlist that I've been jamming a bit lately

25. cshadows2887

That's awesome! Any favorites?