Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (Feb 26, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

I was driving home from work and Please Be Naked came on my iPod, and it was probably the best three minutes of driving ever. This band gets how to build atmosphere.

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

That Ellen clip is awesome

3. Sophos

Regular

i love this album so much and i cant get over how good it is. "paris" "somebody else" "ugh" "loving someone" "this must be my dream" "nana" i mean i could go on and on these are just perfect songs

4. Sophos

Regular

me_irl

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

still so in love with this.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Cannot believe this. The 1975 headlining Jack Antonoff's Shadow of the City festival in NJ!

7. Favorites: "Change Of Heart," "UGH!," and "If I Believe You."

Killer record. I like it more than the last, a fact that took me by surprise.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

1. The Ballad of Me and My Brain
    2. Somebody Else
    3. Nana
    4. Ugh!
    5. If I Believe You

I think I've settled on that as my top 5 for now. A Change of Heart and This Must Be My Dream are right behind though.

9. Sophos

Regular

somebody else
    paris
    a change of heart
    ugh
    nana

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

1. "Paris"
    2. "Lostmyhead"
    3. "She's American"
    4. "A Change of Heart"
    5. "Somebody Else"

Maybe? Also love "Love Me," "This Must Be My Dream," "I like it..." ...

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Top 5:

If I Believe You

The Ballad of Me and My Brain
    Loving Someone
    Somebody Else
    Please Be Naked

The space is intentional

12. Sophos

Regular

this could also be my top 5 lol...lets call it the alternative top 5

love me
    if i believe you
    loving someone
    shes american
    this must be my dream

13. "This Must Be My Dream" is a sleeper fav. The one it think "shit, this one is so great" every time it plays.

14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Am I weird for possibly liking "Loving Someone" the least?

I mean, I don't really dislike or skip anything on this excellent album. I'm least likely to listen to that one when bouncing around, though, and I've heard people say it's a fav. Hm.

15. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

1. Paris
    2. This Must Be My Dream
    3. Please Be Naked
    4. Loving Someone
    5. UGH!

16. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Nah it's probably my least favorite. A very relative term though.

Tim likes this.
  17. Sophos

Regular

jeez

18. Sophos

Regular

excellent drum programming on that song and a very playful cadence from matty and excellent vocal samples incorporated into the beat. idk. i enjoy it a lot. shrug

19. Sophos

Regular

ok not being down with nana is legitimately baffling to me, cannot fathom that one at all i think it's just a huge crushing ball of sadness and feelings idk how you hear that song and not feel it

20. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I can't pick a favorite or a least favorite. I literally can't. It's been two weeks and I think I love them all equally for completely different reasons.

It's a perfect album 10/10 fight me

21. Sophos

Regular

my least fav is the title track but like i said earlier its nice, its pleasant, just nothing there to really move me the way every other track does pretty much.

22. Sophos

Regular

and i mean at this point this is easily my favorite album to come out so far this year, there are pretty much zero things about this album i dislike or think needs improving

23. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

My favorite vocal performance on the album from Matty is that song. I've never heard him singing so soft and delicate before.

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Something that makes this record even more special to me is how much it's inspired Bobby and I. We've been planning on following or next record with an 80s-inspired double album for years now and God we're just picking this apart getting so many ideas. Not a lot of records fire up the creative process quite so strongly

Tim likes this.
  25. Sophos

Regular

its definitely one of his better performances on a record full of astounding showings from him. he just sounds excellent and his melody writing has improved a ton from the debut, and lets be real the debut was catchy as hell in the vocal department. somehow he completely outdid himself there.