Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (Feb 26, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. It is a perfect night driving album, but a first listen with eyes closed and headphones on is pretty awesome too. You really can't lose with this album.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Haha well good to know I should be good both ways with either of those options! Really can't wait to listen to this. I've been showing quite a bit of restraint to wait until the release.

3. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Aaaaaand the iTune pre-orders are out. I know what will be singing me to sleep tonight!

4. noxee

Regular Prestigious

5. Haha, I did.

I was testing a plugin I wrote to convert Amazon links to use my affiliate code. I just happened to be in this thread. Sorry!

6. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Oh nice. Well kind of interested in reading that book now haha.

7. It is a good book.

8. noxee

Regular Prestigious

Well shit, that was awesome. Like others have said listening to the album in its entirety is such a great experience and I can see myself continually coming back to this album and finding musical gems I didn't pick on previous listens.

Also the last two tracks on them album feel like such a great way to wrap up the experience. Kind of like they're giving the listener a chance to sit back and reflect on everything they've just heard. Like being tucked into bed after a good story haha.

Only gripe that I really have at the moment is the line in She's American were he sings "If she says I've got to fix my teeth
    Then she's so American (she's American)". Something about it kept jarring my mind. But other than that I loved the song so maybe I'll get over it...

I'd also love to see how some of these songs translate in a live setting.

And one final note, dat sax haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Was definitely awesome listening to this for the first time for a night drive. Such a good album. Loved all the interludes or instrumentals that were spread throughout. Just flowed really well.

10. Welcome to the club.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  11. I can't get enough of "Paris." It's constantly stuck in my head, and I love how calm and relaxing it is. It sets the stage so well for the last two songs.

12. George

Trusted Prestigious

A copy of my post from AP to contribute on here!

I gave this a couple of listens now. I'm definitely a bit more lukewarm on it than you guys, but I was also quite hit and miss on their debut. I'm a big fan of the middle bit, but I think the album takes a little while to warm up, and then just kind of tails off. I don't think the acoustic tracks towards the end aren't particularly well suited within the context of the album, and leaves it ending on a slightly peculiar note. I'm much more a fan of their more ambient/electronicy stuff, and I can take or leave their big poppier moments. There are some absolutely gorgeous moments in the middle section here, particularly the one-two of Please Be Naked and Lost My Head.

It feels to me as if this is "just" a collection of 17 songs they've written in the past two years, as opposed to an album. I'd have definitely given this a wee edit if I was in charge, however I'm generally a fan of short albums anyway. I commend them for being experimental, bold and not just pumping out an album of 12 "Girls", easy singles. Maybe I'll warm up to it over time, but I'd probably put this on par with their debut, albeit without anything as good as "Menswear" on here.

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

"Loving Someone" is one of my favorites right now..

14. "How to Draw" is a great song. Probably the more "traditional" closing track, I don't mind throwing it on at 18.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Does the "A Change of Heart" demo sound drastically different from the original? My Target pre-order is supposed to come in next Tuesday, so I'm excited to check out "How to Draw" as well. I thought "She Lays Down" was really good, so curious how the other one would act as a closer, in a sense.

16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Target autographed album is legit.

Attached Files:

17. Oh nice!

Eric Wilson likes this.
  18. I think This Must Be My Dream, The Ballad of Me and my Brain, The Sound, Someone Else, and She's American are my top 5 on the album right now (in no order)

Lostinmyhead is right there too mainly because my fiancee is walking down the aisle to that song

19. Shut up

20. :crylaugh:

21. so this might be weird but everything I listen to Someone Else and during the bridge (find someone you love find someone you need) the deep vocal effect makes me think of Michael McDonald haha

22. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Oh shit I didn't realize the backup singers were touring with them. That's awesome.

23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

That's like, the only song I really need to see live. I feel like I could die peacefully if I saw that live.

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Awesome to see so much discussion of this great album on the new forum already! Gonna try to write a review of it in the next few days when I find the time.

Jason Tate likes this.