Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It (Feb 26, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Plus, it sounds fucking majestic. Did Crossey produce this one too?

2. Yep, I know Matt and George are really involved as well.

3. Craig Manning

It just feels like a really natural progression from the debut. I think having the same producer helps with that.

4. Yeah, a lot of it to me feels like they set the stage in round 1, set up some body shots, showed you a few things, and this time went all out and the producer and ideas just flowed into this symbiosis of awesomeness.

5. it'll be a top 10 record for me

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

This album is so so good. On first listens, "Somebody Else," "UGH!," and "She's American" are my favorites.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I was thinking today when I was listening that is one of the first albums I've heard in awhile that feels like an actual experience - like watching an epic multi-part movie. It feels like an artform than just a collection of songs. Made me realize how much I've missed albums like this and how much of an accomplishment this really is.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. Hahahaha. The new absolute_____.net.

9. Craig Manning

Definitely agree. I've loved a lot of full albums over the past few years, but this one seems so meticulously put together in every way. They really took their time and it shows.

You're reviewing this, right?

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Yep. It'll be a beast to review but I'm excited about it. Their last album is one of my favorite reviews I've done.

11. Craig Manning

Oh yeah, that's going to be tough. But rewarding, I'm sure. I'm going to write something about it, but it probably won't be a traditional review in any sense.

12. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Oh cool - excited to read your thoughts on it.

13. tracks 5-13 on this album take the listener on such an incredible high. the auditory sensations heard on Lostinmyhead, Somebody Else, and Loving Someone are fucking amazing and the aggressive vocals from Healy on The Ballad of Me and My Brain is a fantastic juxtaposition with the sultry vibe of the track.

this album is just wow - I can't stop listening to it and I stick to what I said about it earlier in this thread - it's thrilling.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. I think I'll probably write something on this too in some way - there's so much to discuss and dissect

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New song is so good. So excited to get my pre-order in.

16. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

Probably my favorite song on the album.

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Awesome.. Can't wait to hear the rest. There's just something about that song that I'm hooked on. Love the chillness to it. Perfect for a late night drive.

18. Looks like it leaked tonight.

19. :folded: "If I'm lost, then how can I find myself..." :folded:

20. [​IMG]

Basically me alone listening to this.

21. George

Trusted Prestigious

Excited to listen to this tonight. I'm a wee bit iffy on their first album (some incredible songs, but quite a few duds), but the almost unanimous positive reaction is really encouraging. I've basically avoided any of the singles, so I'm more or less going in blind. Hoping to enjoy it as much as everyone else does, despite only being a fairly casual fan of the band!

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Pressing play on this right now.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

LOL this is perfect.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Wow, this is absurdly good. It takes so many turns, but everything they try just works.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So I haven't listened to the leak yet, and the album will be coming out on iTunes tonight. Tomorrow night, I have a nice little two hour drive to make after work, so I'm kind of torn right now. Haha on one hand, I feel like based off what I've read about it, that it would be a perfect night time driving album to listen to for the first time on the road. On the other hand, I want to listen to it tonight at midnight when it comes out on Apple Music. Ha quite the decision to make.