Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - Being Funny in a Foreign Language (Oct 14, 2022) Album • Page 145

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Feb 15, 2022.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Bodes well for a San Diego date. Would prefer that than traveling to to AZ or something.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I have no idea what their next move in North America is. They easily due arenas in major cities but I think they play 5-8k capacity places in smaller cities. They could theoretically due an amphitheater run but they'd need strong support.

3. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

They could do a show at a fucking bowling alley, and I'd be there with bells on.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they’re playing an arena in Kansas City which is typically considered a B market for most artists

5. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Excited for the Portland show tonight! Didn’t even realize it was today until I got the Ticketmaster email stating tickets were ready in the app. Thought it was like a week away LOL.

Seriously can’t contain my excitement today. I’m so stoked!!

6. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Tonight snuck up on me too, I haven't even been able to listen to the album this week to prepare or get excited.

JulieLynn and macbethfan like this.
  7. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

8. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

And the funny thing is that they're playing a 5k cap venue here in Chicago next week when they have played the United Center.

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

As for US tour dates next year - they're very likely hitting Lollapalooza so expect it all to be organized around summer festival dates.

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I think that's a significant underplay though.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Awesome how About You is the 2nd most listened to song on the album

upload_2022-12-2_13-47-23.png

12. Atticus5143

Trusted

Wonder if we get a video now

13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

this album's doing a lot better than Notes already from a streaming POV but nowhere near A Brief Inquiry.

14. bobby_runs

I can see About You taking off a La “Somebody Else” here in the USA

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think About You has to be made into a video at some point

16. drummerAVA

Trusted

17. bobby_runs

Not his fault he’s in a band with giants. Lol.

Phantoms, bradpetrik and chewbacca110 like this.
  18. sophos34 Dec 2, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 2, 2022)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i mean a brief inquiry has 3 years of streams going for it and while love it if we made it, give yourself a try, and tootime werent their overall biggest singles they were all prettttty high on the charts (compared to some of their other singles anyway) so im not surprised there. and notes came out during the absolute worst period of all time to put out a record so....not having a tour behind it really killed that album's momentum unfortunately otherwise it would've been received much, much better i'll stand by that forever.

19. Ellite25

Regular

Just got around to reading the lyrics for looking for somebody to loveand was not expecting that lyrical contest, based on the music that the song has

Matt and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Portland show was incredible! Top-notch performance. Will post further thoughts later.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

So Evan mentioned this last night at IIOI - apparently they’ve been playing IIOI before the set?

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I only remember hearing a Radiohead song before their set but I was pretty buzzed

23. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

They were playing Beabadoobee, Taylor Swift and Caroline Polachek at my date

bobby_runs likes this.
  24. Didn’t hear any IIOI in Seattle. Great set, Matty got mad at people throwing shit on stage which was nice to see tbh.

25. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Was aware of bea, Wolf Alice, Bleachers at the least (DC date)