Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Begin Work on New Album; Cancel 2021 Tours

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The 1975 have cancelled their 2021 tours and announced they’ve begun work on a new album.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. ctigers92

I have a feeling we’ll see similar announcements from other artists this year. I’m definitely hopeful for touring/festivals in the fall.

Stoked for new music from the 1975 maybe this year though. Feels as though their latest album was just left for dead as soon as they released it.

3. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i don't think it resonated with many people apart from their core fanbase. also, it appears as though matty has been taking a break from the public eye.

4. I think the only type of live music we will get this year are some festivals

5. ctigers92

I somewhat agree with that. I think “If Your Too Shy” could have been a song that brought in new listeners but everything else wasn’t catered that way so much. I like the album, but I definitely skip around quite a bit. Lot of misses for a 1975 album.

6. ctigers92

Maybe so. I can’t imagine trying to plan a tour right now. It’s got to be a major pain with the constant adjustment and rescheduling with zero positive outcome so far.

7. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I would hope lots of other bands have already written and recorded some music all of last year as well...Tswift pumped out two amazing albums, I really hope all artist took advantage of the downtime

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

It really just seems they burned themselves out with trying to get Notes out, that once it was out, they were over it already. At this point, I don't expect that many songs on the album will ever get played live, which is an incredible bummer.

ctigers92 likes this.
  9. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Notes' entire lifespan was sort of weird. Feels like it was released at the worse possible moment—not quite at the very beginning of the pandemic, but also maybe too soon into the pandemic when people weren't ready to consume any sort of new media beyond Tiger King.

Also, despite the album being lengthy, I don't think it did them any favors that they released so many of the songs prior to the album itself. Especially since the majority of the stand-out tracks came from that batch of earlier releases. There were only two songs or so that really stuck with me from the rest of the album we had yet to hear once this was released.

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

::waits for MCR to announce their tour plans delayed again::

11. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I imagine all these fall tours are working out contingency plans.

12. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Seeing this, I can't help but feel bad for Silverstein that rescheduled four times a world tour that will most likely never happen.

13. musicguy87

Did they ever say when that DLID album was dropping?

14. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Mmm I'm hoping for a bit more overblown filler on the next album. There wasn't enough of that in the last one.

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

I feel like it's a pretty surefire bet that we won't hear a peep from MCR on anything until at least March, and for the US tour, probably won't hear anything until May or June. They waited until pretty late in the game to delay things the first time, and I think they're still wanting to see how the next few months play out before finalizing anything.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Brent like this.