Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 Begin the Countdown

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Larry David likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

Fuck

Mr. Serotonin and Larry David like this.
  3. Hunter Norman

Regular

So they weren't kidding about June 1st

4. TomOConnor

Are the countdowns and Cryptic Lead ups to albums really necessary anymore? I feel like its been so overdone over the years.

5. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yes

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

They are much more immediate and necessary now than ever before. It’s a new era, and they’re making important social commentary with their lead up that’s much more focused than the other two. If you look at some of the most generationally impactful albums of the last few years, they delve into sociological commentary and capture the essence of the moment, and to break through the modern media mold, these artists need to bring an extra commentary specific to the moments we’re experiencing now. The 1975 get this, and the roll-out is absolutely essential in the development of the band’s message in the moment.

7. SundayDrive555

What?

8. drummerAVA

Trusted

So excited...

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

So excited for this. It doesn't feel like the wait for this album has been so bad, but then I realize it's been 11 months today since MSG and that DOES feel like ages ago. What a magical night. Can't wait to see these guys again.

jlinitz and dogdad like this.
  10. dogdad

Regular

I was there too! PIT or? I am constantly thinking about that night, the fans at that show were part of the fun.

11. heymattrick

Sending my love

Yes me and 2 of my friends were in the pit! Flew in from Denver to see that show

12. oneeightytwo

Regular

Bring it on

13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Almost went to that show before I got tickets to Bethlehem, sounded fantastic.

14. brothemighty

Trusted

This better have the slappy mute grooves and dreamy synths and groanable lyrics I know and love