Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 207

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

get hyped bc this was posted a few weeks ago

Mary V and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

man GYAT into Sex is going to rip lol

dadbolt and Aregala like this.
  3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

GYAT live is going absolutely slay. I'm excited to see George slamming the drums.

4. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Eh, if I believe you is basically a reinterpretation of untitled by d'angelo which was a pretty big song I believe, so I don't know if it's the best counterpoint to the claim they're a mainstream band

5. chewbacca110

Also, dancing at my standing desk to LIIWMI. Don't mind the looks I'm getting.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I mean it in the context of people's understanding of the 1975 as the band that made Chocolate and the Sound, more than the grand scheme of things. Obviously what you're saying is true, but Id argue that most people making the claim I'm rebuking aren't very familiar with D'Angelo and wouldn't be making that comparison. They wouldn't expect the 1975 to make a song like IIBY is more what I'm getting at

Bryan Diem likes this.
  7. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yeah, I guess that's more accurate to what people expect from them. Though late 90s-early 00s rnb is a bigger influence than people realize, the songs are crazy similar and people generally don't realize that lol

8. Delysid

Regular

Thanks! Got to listen to the song for the first time after consuming some cannabis which definitely had me feeling cerebral hah..
    Whenever I hear that section of the song it seems to be an amalgam of the 1975's sonic palette.. anyone else noticing how many distinctive sounds from other tracks are incorporated? Combined with that life affirming vibe! Think I remember seeing jamie O mention something on twitter along those lines being present in one of the new tracks... maybe this is it?

9. That Guardian piece is a real journey. Hah.

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I know I’m late to the party but....

DAMN THIS SONG IS GREAT

Mary V likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m lounging in bed first time listening and almost fell out of bed

Mary V likes this.
  12. Me & My Arrow

John | Align in Time

The whole song is, really. The verse and bridge chord progressions both show up everywhere in their music, the vocal delivery reminds me of "Ballad," the lyrics of "Loving Someone," the verse melodies of the second verse of "She Way Out," the background twinkling of "Robbers," the electronic flourishes of the Sex EP, etc., but it still feels so exciting and new.

Mary V, Bryan Diem and GrantCloud like this.
  13. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I've listened to this song so many times that last.fm asked me if I wanted to label it as an "obsessed" track?? I didn't even know that was a thing. Maybe it's time to take a break and listen to something else? Nah

Mary V, GrantCloud and Jason Tate like this.
  14. chewbacca110

Last.fm would love it if you made it an "obsessed" track.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  15. dogdad

Regular

the 1975 is a core reason i love coming on this website to read what y’all have to say cause I feel like no one in my friend group cares or is paying attention which is sad tbh

16. myawrld

Regular

It's okay. We are your friends, friend.

Mary V and dogdad like this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

The 1975 is one of those bands that none of my friends would say they're fans of, yet whenever their music comes on in my car they're always like "this song is amazing who is this?!"

18. zmtr

Trusted

Was getting really gassed towards the end of my treadmill session today and blasted the new song and it got me through the last few minutes with ease.

Literally added minutes to the run so I could listen again

19. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I had it on repeat during my run today :fist:

Aregala likes this.
  20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Guess I need to bring this one out on a run, huh?

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I don't run but I bike so this is getting put on out on the trail

22. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

This is the first song in absolutely ages I’ve just listened to on repeat for days

23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

AND I’D LOVE IT IF WE... ...MADE IT!

ramres, zmtr, Mary V and 6 others like this.
  24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Poison me, daddy?

GrantCloud, ChaseTx and beachdude42 like this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That line about beaches and three year olds keeps giving me chills