Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 536

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Delysid likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Is this going to be the album that finally gets me into this band? I've tried and tried and tried and nothing clicked with me.

But the new songs got me coming back and now this new one? For the first time ever, I'm looking forward to a The 1975 album.

heymattrick likes this.
  3. drummerAVA

Trusted

See, now this confuses me lol... because to me, it sounds like they’re still just doing what they’ve always done... just melding an array of genres into solid, refined, modern pop/pop-rock jams.

Like to me, this era so far is still the same tried-and-true The 1975. There’s some growth there over the years for sure... “People“ was a bit of a curveball, but nothing surprising... I just wonder what it is that’s clicking now that wasn’t before, ya know?

Just interesting...

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I hear you and that’s fair. I think “People” is the best song they’ve written too, hah.

This is a band I’ve always wanted to like and enjoy. I just never got there with them, which is why I’m looking forward to hear more from this new album. I wish I could really identify why I never got into them until these new songs. The only thing i can think of is that my personal taste evolved over recent years and I’ve been into more pop/rock/synth/new wave stuff then ever before.

I never thought they were bad or wrote bad songs. They just never got to me the way other bands have.

Also, for what it’s worth...out of the new tracks and that live performance of a new song, Frail State of Mind is my least favorite.

drummerAVA likes this.
  5. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

These new tracks sound great. Was happy to see Paris made an appearance in the set as well.

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

???

7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Lol wtfffff

8. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

9. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow, just realized I posted in the wrong thread:crylaugh:

10. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I remember when Love It If We Made It dropped I thought music could change the world and save us all

11. Jusscali

Same man, same.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I miss bombastic The 1975

where are they gonna go nexttttttt?!?!

Jusscali likes this.
  13. Jusscali

Hopefully somewhere with lots of bombast

SEANoftheDEAD and JamesMichael like this.
  14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Two years

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I still remember where I first listened to the album.

This thread was one of the most fun new release threads ever, imo

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Their best

17. brothemighty

Trusted

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  19. This album came out during one of my life's lowest points, which has made it hard to revisit it a lot since. I'm looking forward to do it later tonight however.

20. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Cameron likes this.
  21. drummerAVA

Trusted

Similar thing for me... :/

I think looking back, it is their best record overall... but I may personally prefer ILIWYS because I associate it with better times. And I still feel like I’m trying to figure out Notes... lol, so it’s tough. I think they’ve definitely shown a linear (and positive) progression...

But I can’t ignore that ABIIOR just has a particular quality about it though, as a whole, that I think puts it objectively above the rest... It undoubtedly feels like their most mature and put-together record.

22. brothemighty

Trusted

You guys just like it because it's the good reviewed one

Form your own opinions

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah thx Daddy Pitchfork for guiding me to ABIIOR

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

p4k ruin me bby

smowashere and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  25. drummerAVA

Trusted

Can't say that I've ever liked an album because a review told me to... lol

DrawYourMind and David Parke like this.