The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 533

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha that’s when we showed up too! I was worried because in Minneapolis they started at like 8. But the balcony was nice, we couldn’t get a good center view but we had a decent one on the side.

F084DB22-E05A-466B-88A0-ED41D99AF2B8.jpeg

ChiliTacos and Joe4th like this.
  2. imthesheriff

Here I Am. So Glad You Are. Prestigious

I will not stand for this tall people slander. We want to enjoy shows too. Don’t be short. Problem solved.

3. ChiliTacos

bud's beards Prestigious

You got me, FUCK! Will wear platform shoes next show, problem solved. :-p

GrantCloud and imthesheriff like this.
  4. Jusscali

If that’s how you feel Prestigious

Get in the fucking back where you belong savages.

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

They should start segregating GA sections based on height! Short people front/middle and tall people horseshoe around them

worst idea ever

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

I’m so excited for tonight

Ferrari333SP and ChiliTacos like this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

Lol, my favorite thing about being tall is going to shows. It’s the one place you can really notice the benefits

AVanMill17 and chewbacca110 like this.
  8. drummerAVA

Regular

Great show in Auburn Hills tonight!! Once they got going, I forgot about the cold... lol

Joe4th likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

They were so damn good tonight

Matty coming out and instantly saying “it’s fuckin’ cold here” was great

47CDE458-DE48-4928-A9A2-78641E03744F.jpeg

10. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Looks like a new stage/lighting setup too; at least it's different than what we had in Minneapolis

11. drummerAVA

Regular

Yeah, I'm sure they kinda have to improvise with their stage production on some nights, depending on the stage and venue and such...

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. drummerAVA

Regular

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I’m comfortable saying ABIIOR is their best album

so far

15. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

At this point I think it’s safe for me to say I prefer ILIWYS which is tied for my favorite album of all time, and A Brief Inquiry would easily make my top 20 of all time list so yeah

y2jayjk, Doomsday, dylan and 3 others like this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

Hard to disagree with that. ILIWYS is probably my personal favorite due to the cinematic pacing and flow, and the more “widescreen” feeling of the production.

But lyrically ABIIOR is more “profound” yet universal, especially considering the focus on the positive nature of rehabilitation and mental health. ILIWYS certainly nails it at points, and the level of cynicism really spoke to me when I was going through a period of abusing alcohol. ABIIOR’s lyrics will probably stand the test of time to me though, rather than speak to a specific moment in my life.

Also, compositionally, some of the songs of ABIIOR are just a cut above anything else they’ve done (I.e. Sincerity, HTD//Petrichor, LIIWMI) that it’s hard for me to argue otherwise.

In conclusion, this band is pretty ok

AVanMill17 and evanmeindl like this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Honestly I prefer Iliwys lyrically by quite a bit. Abiior might have lots of staggering heights but there are a few parts that really don't hit for me

18. jordalsh

never let them see the scales Prestigious

toss up imo

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. sawhney[rusted]2

I’ve never been a huge fan of songs that center around heartbreak, love and etc, and those are the songs on ILIWYS that speak to a lot of people, so I think it comes down to personal preference

Be My Mistake is my case for why Matty stop writing those types of songs

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. SpyKi

This Charming Man Supporter

ILIWYS is slightly ahead for me, it's just such a well put together album.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Prestigious

Lyrically a brief inquiry is more consistent but ILIWYS hits just a tad bit harder, probably because of what I was going through when it came out and the meanings I drew from the songs then

22. russvanderhoof

pizza.~ Supporter

Saw them on Saturday in Rochester Hills, MI. Haven't missed one of their Michigan sets yet. Unbelievable sound & production. However, everyone other than Matty seemed like they were "going through the motions." I get how the middle of a tour can feel. But one of my favorite things about them live was the energy & fun they have on stage. Hope everything is ok internally. Cold weather, could have been just one of those nights.~

23. Mort Michaels

link in bio

I am trying to come around to Be My Mistake, but I almost always skip it. Otherwise ABIIOR is a perfect album to me.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Aregala like this.
  24. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this is me tbh

hate to beat the dead horse on that song but it's the main thing that holds ABIIOR back from that ILIWYS level for me

(still an absolutely incredible album FWIW)

unbornwhiskey likes this.
  25. SpyKi

This Charming Man Supporter

I still don't love the closer. It always hurts when an album ends on your least fav song. The self titled has the same problem for me.