Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 522

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

LOL to the fans who are already trying to camp out for the Roxy. Like come one is there a bad spot in that venue for that band?

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

There were four people camped out on Friday night that I talked to when I was in line for Bad Religion.

Can confirm there's no bad spot in the house.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Unless you are literally the last person in the door, you're gonna have a good spot

4. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

What the hell haha. Lining up 2 days in advance would give you basically the same view as 2 hours early

5. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

stans are insane

bobby_runs likes this.
  6. duritzfan13

all we have is time

Well I feel like the only difference/disconnect is that pop radio doesn’t play their stuff in the US, whereas Coldplay had big radio hits so they had mainstream recognizability.

That being said, most people I know have at least heard of The 1975, but I think it would be hard for them to gain Coldplay level stardom without having a big pop radio single. That would introduce them to the large % of casual music listeners who don’t stream or read into it, which is probably really all they’re missing

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

4 years ago I went to see Noel Gallagher at a small intimate venue in NYC. I showed up an hour after doors opened, and still was able to be like 5 people back from the barricade. As I left the concert I saw a row of people in sleeping bags outside, so I asked what they were waiting for. They said they wanted a good spot for the intimate Muse concert that was happening 2 days later. I didn't have the heart to tell them what a waste of time that was lol

8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Was that at the Webster? I was lucky enough to get tickets to that Muse show and I definitely showed up around the time doors opened and got up to front/middle easily.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haha yep that was it!

10. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

It’s not about that reality of the situation, it’s about signaling your standom

beachdude and Bryan Diem like this.
  11. SincerelyEmma

There is no band I love enough to spend two days in line for. The last time I saw Brockhampton the line was like 3 blocks long at noon for an 8pm show and that's the craziest I've ever seen. But sometimes being in line early is fun it's like a bonding experience.

12. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

roxy show fucking ruled, so much energy and so fun, they sounded incredible too.

13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Band is so massive

14. tell
    us
    more

please

beachdude, Contender, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I wonder if seeing "I Couldn't Be More In Love" live will finally turn me onto it. I've never cared for it.

*runs to avoid thrown tomatoes*

16. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Uhhhh, well
    The new songs sound excellent, they kept bringing out different band members to supplement songs wether it was sax players or extra keyboards or backup dancers/singers. Energy in the room was obviously tremendous considering that people had been camping out to go to this show. I think I prefer their stage presence now a lot more, Matty's done getting shirtless and seems to be doing a lot less of an act and is just performing like himself and having a good time and not afraid of being goofy. He nailed the vocals on I Couldn't Be More In Love, which fucking ruled and is so fun to sing along to. They did a No Rome song with him, they did 3 songs off of the EPs (undo, You, feelingforyou), they cut chocolate and girls from the set list, basically it was more or less a perfect show. Seeing them next weekend in santa barbara so it will be interesting to compare it.

17. wow

thnk u

18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Guess I’m staying up tonight to watch the Coachella performance

19. irthesteve

This Coachella set was by far the best they've ever been at Coachella, total party out here

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  20. MikeERayner

Trusted

Here we go!

21. dallasc

Trusted

Fuck yes

22. irthesteve

Oh and they brought out No Rome haha

23. MikeERayner

Trusted

So this isn’t a live stream then? Haha

24. MikeERayner

Trusted

I hope the Australian tour has no No Rome.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Watching the Coachella livestream now. Damn it's crazy that there's still 2 more acts to play on the main stage...this feels, looks and sounds like a headliners set.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.