Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 516

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

y2jayjk, chris-wrecker and smowashere like this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I LOVE that Tape Notes.

4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

OMG I absolutely can’t wait to get off work so i can check that out

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

Oooooooooo

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

DOPE

7. nohandstoholdonto

That initial demo of Its Not Living is a treasure

8. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

This Tape Notes interview is insane. I just sent it to like 5 friends who I doubt will actually care, but I just HAD to share it. Quite possibly my favorite piece of "behind the music" ever.

9. nohandstoholdonto

Yeah, I’m about halfway through and I’m so so thankful it exists

10. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

I've been waiting for something like this from them for so long.

Matty talking about the tracks is great but with the demos and examples AND George's input this becomes invaluable educational material into their process too.

Defo using the 5th interval trick they do in future work.

11. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Hearing George talk about music is like hearing Wayne Gretzky talk about hockey. It all just seems so effortless for him. Even Matty had to say "can you explain it to me like I'm a six year old?" at one point as he was diving into how he constructs rhythm sections.

I do love that George will watch YouTube videos to figure out new instruments/styles. Makes me feel not-so-awful at picking up new instruments.

chewbacca110 and Cody like this.
  12. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

Have we also found a contender for deepest speaking voice in pop since Oliver from The xx?

13. strangeterrain

Regular

That really was a terrific podcast interview. So interesting to hear the other artists and bands they reference throughout. I also learned for the first time that the song is pronounced “U-G-H” and not just “ugh.”

14. mellohart

Regular Prestigious

He's inconsistent in this. He's called it UGH and U.G.H on stage so fuck knows.

15. SPine

Trusted

16. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

i feel confident in saying How to Draw/Petrichor by the 1975 is def in my top 5 songs of theirs and maybe in my top 10 songs all time

17. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

18. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

hey i posted one of these in the japanese house thread and thought i'd share this
    my friend and I ran this album through a vintage tape machine at 75% speed and the end result is pretty awesome, the drum part in Petrichor is so groovy at this speed and Love It If We Made It is brutal. Check it out my pals

mellohart, seimagery, Owlex and 3 others like this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I want Notes to be full of "Petrichor" and "I Like America..."

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As much as I love their self-titled album, I think A Brief Inquiry is more of where my musical tastes lie these days. Problem is, I’m not really sure if that’s a product of just liking this band that much? Has ABIIOR made me enjoy this type of music? Or did I enjoy it and the album is whetting that appetite? This is my brain in a nutshell folks.

21. I love the titles you come up with for these hahah

22. angel paste

lol thanks turns out if you have the actual album name the video will get blocked so i had to get creative

Carrow likes this.
  23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lol TOOTIME sounds like a Japanese House song slowed down, similar stems/packs

angel paste and Carrow like this.
  24. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

25. angel paste

also if you watch the video i posted please look at the digital effects i put on the album cover it is quite the experience

Carrow and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.