Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 506

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

They're definitely going to have to use a limited production setup for a lot of the North American shows, since very few are in arenas and most of the venues have shallower stages. Santa Barbara Bowl's fixed stage is not tall enough to accommodate their full production.

2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

looking forward to crying for two hours at Red Rocks again.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

PM me if you need a Santa Barbara code for tomorrow morning

AVanMill17 likes this.
  4. evanmeindl

Selfish of me, but I want full production at my date. Lol.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think we all do. I'm just trying to be realistic with myself about my expectations. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when it's scaled back.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That’s what I told my friend when she was upset we had tickets to United Center instead of the Rave. Hopefully they still bring the whole set for the shows that they are able to.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’m back in my hometown driving around listening to this there’s snow everywhere and I’m really feeling a lot

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I like America is the best song of all time. George snapped with the bass

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm sure seeing them at a venue like the Rave would be fun, but I'd definitely rather seem them at the United Center with the whole package.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I've been listening to it pretty much daily on my commute. Gets me pumped :rock:

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I really hope I Like America and Petrichor are the blueprints for Notes. Seems like it from the interviews so far

I’m going to go absolutely berserk when the play i Like America live haha

disambigujason and Justin Roux like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

Also, this album is just not getting old, at all. I haven’t returned to ILIWYS or S/T much, I don’t think I’m ready for it yet

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

Holy fuck they played “me” last night in Brighton. I will die if they play it in Boston. Omg I can’t even right now.

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I really hope they continue to mix it uo a bit at the shows

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

I know “Me” is an important song to people, but I really wish they’d stop cycling in the same songs over and over again. They’ve played “Me” and “fallingforyou” practically every time I’ve seen them. Same with “Paris”. It’s difficult when they continue to release long, 15+ song albums but don’t seem to play a good chunk of songs from their discography.

16. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

Paris should be in every setlist, even other bands'.

17. I just want to hear Mine live

duritzfan13, Paddy, Kyle Max and 2 others like this.
  18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

unfortunately it's against the law for them to remove any ep tracks from their setlist

i don't make the rules

19. AVanMill17

Regular

I agree with this sentiment as long as "Ballad" stays one of the ILIWYS selections. I need to see those visuals live!

Edit: Also, please for the love of god do not cycle out How to Draw/Petrichor before I get to see it

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I think Me is consistently one of the most powerful parts of their set, so I see nothing wrong with it as a staple. Get rid of Chocolate instead lol.

21. Hot take but honestly Chocolate is one of their worst songs.

Matt likes this.
  22. brothemighty

Trusted

A very embarrassing thing to admit is I found out about The 1975 via this video

So I won't

ryanfears likes this.
  23. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

I found the band through Chocolate and I remember liking it bc it "vaguely reminded me of Fall Out Boy", a comparison that in retrospect I have a difficult time justifying.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

The 1975 is the modern day FOB it’s totally justified!

Moreso in essence than sonics

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I skip it a lot