Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 502

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

i can call it a wizard hunt then?

2. Because the article wasn't a "witchhunt" -- the guy has espoused some really awful things online and instead of apologizing or seeing the problem, he deflected/ran/lied/etc; he's gone on some horrific podcasts with some horrific people, and he's used his voice and platform in some really suspect ways. And that's a charitable reading of the entire situation. He's not the victim here.

y2jayjk, Carrow and Joe4th like this.
  3. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Is it really that confusing?

4. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

i can, but do you people not EVER talk about reviews? like im asking straight up, are reviews not chill on this website?

5. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I tried, y'all.

y2jayjk, sophos34, AVanMill17 and 2 others like this.
  6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

If you go through this thread, there's lots of people talking about lots of reviews of this. Those were just closer to the release of the album since most publications don't release reviews a month or two after the album came out.

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

if they are by him then i’m just gonna say that they aren’t chill.

Joe4th and Zilla like this.
  8. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

im feeling really patronized by this community right now.

So from what im able to gather, i crossed some taboo line about posting reviews. so far i know for sure they hate the needle drop, nobody has really answered me if i should just avoid review discussion on this community all together.

i feel like people are assuming i know im doing something against the rules, but everyone is just freaking out at me instead of explaining the rules around posting reviews?

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

"I'm feeling patronized" says the person that continues to patronize everyone in this thread

Nobody has said posting and talking about reviews is bad. Everyone is expressing how against seeing videos from that shitty dude and why we don't want to see his shit.

angel paste likes this.
  10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Dude - you can post reviews. People post reviews in threads all the time. We just avoid TND because he sucks and has a shitty history of sucking and cozying up with some terrible people.

Carrow and Joe4th like this.
  11. angel paste

you’re not doing anything against the rules. you can post reviews and you can even post videos of the needledrop, just don’t expect people to like it? because a lot of people here care about when people do terrible shit

Carrow and Joe4th like this.
  12. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

Alright, im going to stop talking about the needle drop on here because it obviously causes issues. the last thing ill say on the matter is everyone has said things or has a past that people can dig up and make it look dark and bad.

Hell even Matty has a history of saying things that a lot of people found problematic. lots of people have issues with things he has said about woman, how woman have been portayed in 1975 music videos, and tweets about islamophobia. BUT because we have greater context on who he is, and what he ACTUALLY believes, some of us are able to give him the benefit of the doubt.

13. Because he took accountability for his actions, apologized, and made a concerted effort to learn, understand, and get better.

The gulf of difference between the two is the entire point.

ryanfears, Carrow, sophos34 and 2 others like this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I can't speak for the nebulous "Everyone," but Matty owned up to the shitty things he said and apologized. TND just sent his horde of people to attack the journalist and has been completely unapologetic and defensive of his past. He sucks. Let's move on.

Joe4th and angel paste like this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol that whole interaction was wild to watch

ryanfears and Joe4th like this.
  16. AVanMill17

Regular

We've posted and talked about several reviews across these 504 pages of discussion about the album. I've personally shared 1 or 2 I'm pretty sure. Just gotta go back a few dozen pages to when the album came out.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also where the fuck is the Philly date you scrubs

18. angel paste

and matty actually makes dope music instead of just arbitrarily assigning numbers to other people’s music

19. angel paste

i don’t know what we did to deserve this tbh

20. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

you guys keep telling me you wanna stop talking about it but then have to get the last word in with the jabs at TND

21. angel paste

omg so did you

Joe4th likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I will say I was really rooting for WildlifeRooms as a new poster on the site until the Wizard Hunt post.

23. WildlifeRooms

la dispute forever

gotta admit though, that was pretty funny

24. angel paste

you can’t be like “i’m done talking about it! oh but also something else whack that needs to be addressed” and then get annoyed at people for addressing it?

25. He had "Sargon of Akkad" (yeah, the guy just banned from Paetron) on his podcast. It's still on his channel.

I'm not one to think once someone's done something "problematic" they should be shunned for life. Anyone that's followed my writing online for the past 20 years should know that, and know I've done and said some fucking stupid shit. (I still do and say stupid shit.) But the process of accountability, understanding, learning, and trying to do better matters.

Leaving this podcast up and monetizing it ... shows me he just doesn't get it. Couple that with all of the really weird defensiveness vs certain artists on his twitter feed AND, as I said before, my complete lack of respect for him as a critic, and that's why we're where we are. I'll leave it at that.