Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 487

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Could be The Internet.

beachdude and stars143 like this.
  2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

My vinyl came. I think I can finally properly enjoy this album.

beachdude and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

Best moment on the album is “I see sunshine”

beachdude, ramres and SpyKi like this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I just watched the Spotify Premium performance and I wish George would go off more on their records. Dude is so awesome, but I do respect his restraint.

beachdude and Bryan Diem like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That's how I felt after watching Somebody Else live vids. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for him to tear it up on this one, but I definitely miss it from the sound

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

George fucking snaps on the records, he just does it via production tricks not straight up drumming

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

couldn't agree with this more when it comes to drumming.

8. jorbjorb

7 rings

Also kinda related haha

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

wow my other favorite drummer in my other favorite band

10. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

That clue wasn't for a headliner. The headliner clue was on VHS tapes sent to some fans. Sounds like its Florence and the Machine.
    As for this dial up clue, I'm sure it's the Internet, but The 1975 is 100% playing this as well. I'm pretty sure their tour manager accidentally tweeted about it last month and then deleted it. The question now is are they gonna headline or be a sub?

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Whenever I listen to Talk!, I can't help but think "and your kitchen full of Pop-Tarts."

13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Siri recommending this record to me almost feels too close to “The Man Who Married A Robot”

68EB658D-77E4-4C0A-A61B-7F67919D5D28.png

beachdude, FTank, jorbjorb and 6 others like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Florence is spectacular live.

15. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

beachdude, jlinitz, Carrow and 9 others like this.
  16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah they said they'd be giving 10 clues for 10 undercard acts.

And bite your tongue, Florence is amazing!

skogsraet likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea they're a pretty big draw. They're playing the same venue as the 1975 in Chicago.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

pretty sure Florence is more widely popular than the 1975

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Florence was already a huge deal with pretty big hit songs before The 1975 had even released their first album.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

How do you say "no shade" and then say she has "boring ass music"?

I really like this band, but it seems like a lot of people don't think they're capable of existing along other music that is ALSO good. It's not The 1975 vs. the rest of music.

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Huh, my tour date got moved a few days earlier according to live nation.

22. prattsy

Regular

This is exactly what I've been telling my brother (he used to write at a high level running his own website and writing/contributing for a few major online pubs). He eventually got out of a job he initially loved because it did become this permanent pissing match and a scorecard between critics - it sucked the joy out of it.
    I feel like this record is being so widely praised because critics fear they kind of missed the boat with the ILIWYS album cycle, the band exploded, and now they appear as if they weren't "in on it". Now these same critics are veering too wildly into the positive but keeping that one detractor in their reviews to point at it later if they were wrong.

jlinitz and jorbjorb like this.
  23. surgerone

Regular Supporter

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^I did this and it was really cool. You end up with way more info than the Spotify one. Definitely worth doing. It takes a while for apple to provide your data but the process is very easy.

beachdude, surgerone and Jason Tate like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

idk here’s a thought, maybe the albums getting positive reviews because it’s a great album