Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 480

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. I put on a 1975 YouTube playlist on in the BG at work and chocolate came on. I remember this as my entry point for the band because I had the “petticoat” line in my head so I had to google it because there was no way someone for that into a song. They did and I loved it. Then I listened to sex a bunch too and fell in love with those songs but the album never clicked with me (as I’ve said earlier in the thread.) this new record is sitting pretty high on my all time favorites list. That anyone has any songs on it they don’t dig is baffling to me. I feel like I’m proselytizing them night and day right now. I feel like I’m hearing all their stuff in a completely new light now. Idk if I can go down the reddit hole on them though. Might ruin the luster for me.

2. MikeERayner

Trusted

I want the main set to finish with I Always Wanna Die, then the encore be Inside Your Mind > It's Not Living > The Sound

Mary V likes this.
  3. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Imagine "Inside Your Mind" with the BBC Philharmonic.

4. Matt Chylak Dec 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2018)
    Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Guessing the setlist will be something like the below, but who knows? They have about 17 back catalog songs that some could argue they HAVE to play.

The 1975
    Give Yourself a Try
    TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
    Girls
    The City
    How To Draw/Petrichor
    Medicine
    I Like America & America Likes Me
    It's Not Living If It's Not With You
    Sincerity is Scary
    Mine
    Robbers
    Chocolate
    Couldn’t Be More In Love
    I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)

Love It If We Made It
    Be My Mistake
    Somebody Else
    The Sound
    Sex

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. You only have like 2 songs from ILIWYS. I’d have to add Paris, A Change of Heart and maybe UGH. Also You since they’ve been playing it. I doubt they’d bring back The City and I also don’t see them playing Mine.

6. Matt Chylak

Yeah, good point on "You". Idk they seem pretty proud of "Mine". Though I think the above is more likely, my dream setlist from them right now is more like:

The 1975
    Give Yourself a Try
    Heart Out
    Sincerity is Scary
    Love It If We Made It
    I Like America & America Likes Me
    Heads.Cars.Bending
    A Change of Heart
    You
    Milk
    Chocolate
    Robbers
    Paris
    The Sound
    If I Believe You

Sex
    Girls
    Mine
    Somebody Else
    Couldn’t Be More In Love
    I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)

7. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

She's American though....

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Finally came! No inscription though :/

9. Ellite25

Regular

Needs more if i believe you

Matt Chylak likes this.
  10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

really? Which one did you get? My transparent has the inscription. Weird that it wouldn’t be on all of them.

11. Jusscali

Where is it again?

12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If I Believe you fits in with the new album pretty well so I reslly hope they keep it in

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  13. I'm not too sure. I think it will be a healthy mix with some date-to-date rotation. Here's a quote from the first question in their Dork interview:

“I’m excited for these live shows. We’re going to be so much better than we’ve ever been. We’re so much fitter and wiser. We’re better players; the songs are better, the show is better.

“It needs to be like The 1975 on crack, but not actually on crack. It’s a good vibe. I’m really excited,” he repeats. ‘The 1975’ was about wanting to be known. ‘I like it when you sleep…’ was about proving they had more to say. “Because that second record was critically acclaimed, you naturally feel like you need to play all the critically acclaimed stuff live.” Now, the band are beyond that. They’ve proved their point. It’s time to play.

“Of course I’m self-aware, and now, I’m just so excited to play loads of first album shit, lots of EP shit, and making it about what everyone loves about The 1975.”

If I had to guess, they're planning on the singles from the new record (GYAT, TTTTTT, LIYMI, SIS) and probably a few that fans tout as non-single favorites now that the record is out. I could see the acoustic moment of any given evening rotating between "Be My Mistake," "102," and (maybe) "I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)."

I'd prefer to see "I Always Wanna Die" as a full-band closer, but an acoustic take could be interesting.

14. Actual footage of the 1975 in the studio with all my emotional buttons before them:
    [​IMG]

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Vinyl showed up today. Haven't put it on the turntable yet. Will report back once I do.

sawhney[rusted]2 and David Parke like this.
  16. Who’s to say their setlist won’t get longer? It got longer during ILIWYS from the self titled era.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

play Paris

nohandstoholdonto and Mary V like this.
  18. jordanjohnson09

Regular

if his voice stays strong and they don’t get burned out then sure why not. though a good 15 mins or so of iliwys show was instrumental so i wonder if they will keep that up

19. Jusscali

He's definitely going to blow his voice lol

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If you like HTD/Petrichor - you should also listen to this:

sophos34 likes this.
  21. According to Spotify GYAT was my top song this year and LIIWMI #2

AVanMill17 and David Parke like this.
  22. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

same lol

astereo likes this.
  23. jorbjorb

7 rings

They didn't play robbers when I saw them during their last album cycle tour.

24. Matt Chylak

Really? I got it both times. Plus, they've played it at every show of this cycle so they must be practicing it.

jorbjorb likes this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll be very sad if they don't play Robbers on this tour

seimagery likes this.