Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (November 30, 2018) Album • Page 270

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Mar 2, 2017.

1. duritzfan13 Sep 23, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2018)
    duritzfan13

all we have is time

I actually played that song for a friend in the car when it first came out and when it got to the cheating line he said "aww." I think it's a beautiful moment of vulnerability-- it's pretty obvious in the way it's delivered that it's a mistake and not something he's endorsing. I don't see it as "romanticizing" it at all. It's just honest writing which I could appreciate regardless. It's not always easy to put your shame out into the world, so that's something I've always admired about his writing.

And obviously I'm only endorsing the lyric, not the act of cheating haha. That line (and the rest of the song) just always breaks my heart. One of my absolute favs.

sophos34 likes this.
  2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Attached Files:

3. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Yeah, no direct reply back to me. Seems like @smowashere has the latest from them. I was considering cancelling at one point to package this and the album pre-order together to cut down on shipping costs maybe? But I'm too lazy.

4. Psychslikeyou

It's sold out now I believe, so don't do that! haha.

ramres likes this.
  5. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

So TOOTIME has now become a staple in songs I play all of the time, every day

I cannot wait to fully listen to the AOTY

6. brothemighty

Trusted

Just saw the tracklist for the first time. Wow, it's their shortest album ever

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

That's probably a good thing

8. brothemighty

Trusted

You're telling me

I Am Mick likes this.
  9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Not necessarily, but maybe if the flow isn't like ILIWYS. Going from GYAT to Tootime makes zero sense to me atm

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

"a change of heart" live at the 02 > album version

JRGComedy likes this.
  11. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Same with Lostmyhead, and probably others I’m not thinking of tbh.

Edit: also, it’s longer than the self-titled so it’s not their shortest album ever

12. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I also feel this way about "UGH!"

I love the variations rhythmically that Matty does to the chorus melody.

13. heymattrick Sep 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    heymattrick

Sending my love

I think it makes sense in the way that putting The Sound at track 13 on the last record did NOT make sense

14. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I wouldn’t change a thing about the sequencing of ILIWYS, personally. The little electronic flourishes in the intro of The Sound help it connect really well with the title track for me.

I love the thematic and sonic motifs in the stretch of If I Believe You through Ballad of Me and My Brain, I love how the album slowly strips back its layers in the final stretch.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The sound fits perfectly there, couldn't think of a better place for it

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

ILIWYS is one of the best sequenced albums I've ever heard. everything ties in so well together, and I'm positive ABI won't be any different

beachdude and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  17. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I like the sequencing of ILIWYS, it's mostly pretty phenomenal actually, but I still kind of get a weird jolt every time from "The 1975" into "Love Me." I still don't think that transition works, at least IMO.

heymattrick likes this.
  18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

when the seasons transition from summer to fall that is honestly my favorite time to spin the second record, i feel like it fits it perfectly.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the 1975 sucks

20. Jim

Trusted Supporter

only thing i dislike about ILIWTS is closing out with two accoustic songs. i like the songs, just wish Paris was between them or something.

chewbacca110 and ramres like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the album should end with Paris three times

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Thematically the last two songs are inseparable but sonically the progression of really the last 6 songs could not be better. Still, for kicks, gonna listen TMBMD>nana>Paris>sld

23. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

Yeah someone else said listening to this album is kinda like listening to a party start at full blast and then it gradually winds down into like, the quiet of night, and that's a pretty spot on description.

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

omg

25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This band is all I listen to lately. Watching their interviews on YouTube and listening to their live album makes me want to see them so bad. But even if they came to Detroit, I have no one to go with

sophos34 and j0nnymarrzbar like this.