Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 2019 North American tour Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Phil507, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

They're doing a bunch of those radio station holiday shows. I imagine they'll do Alt 92.3's Not So Silent Night in NYC so imagine MSG will be announced after that.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’ll be so conflicted if they play the Jingle Ball or something like that. On one hand I never want to miss a chance to see them, but at the same time I’m not prepared to sit through Meghan Trainor or something like that in order to do so

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

All aboard the M-train!

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If they somehow do one in San Diego it’d be the alternative station. So I’d do that. Wouldn’t travel for one though.

5. Xpertguy5

Trusted

If they're doing holiday radio shows I hope they're on Kroqs holiday show. I would love to see them

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet they are doing 101WKQX's The Night We Stole Christmas.

Ben Buchnat and Daniel182 like this.
  7. zachmacD

Trusted

Did they mention who was opening got them in the fall? I feel like it’ll have to be someone popular to sell out these venues

8. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

They’ve been pretty consistent about taking out Dirty Hit bands / friends so I’d imagine that wouldn’t change now. They can probably bank on quite a few fans traveling due to the smaller number of dates

9. zachmacD

Trusted

I hope so. I saw people complaining online because there was no philly date despite playing in Camden lol

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Bring back 070 Shake as opener!!!!

jkjkjk

Maybevictor likes this.
  11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I like what she did on some of those Good Music albums but god, her opening set for them was soooooooo bad

smowashere and heymattrick like this.
  12. evanmeindl

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Rome again. Really feel like they’re trying to get him as much exposure as they can.

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

It’s such a short tour that I could see it being just unique/local openers or somebody random. I wouldn’t mind No Rome at all, I love his new EP and also I don’t mind if they keep playing Narcissist.

14. Phil507

I think this mini US tour is to just get them in the continent and play some places they missed before those holiday radio shows according to the various Twitter reports. Assume they'll do the big Christmas KROQ and Alt 92.3 shows in NYC and LA along with a few in between. Question is are they headlining these holiday shows or will they be the 2nd biggest band? Last years Alt 92.3 Show in NYC had the 1-2 punch of Muse and Florence & The Machine so this year could be something like 21 Pilots/The 1975.

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Definitely 2nd - the 1975 played with Florence at Govs Ball and the crowd size wasn’t nearly as large

16. zachmacD

Trusted

The Camden NJ date just sold out so they added another one. That’s pretty impressive. I saw them there at the 104.5 birthday show in 2017 and it didn’t seem like that many people were there for them

17. evanmeindl

Isn’t the venue like 25k cap?? If so that’s insane! I have pit tickets for night 1 but prob can’t swing night 2 since I gotta be back in Pittsburgh for work Monday morning.

18. Phil507

I've only been there once since I'm in the NYC area but, I think, in the wintertime they just shut off the lawn so the capacity is whatever the pavillion area is (I'm guessing about 6k).

19. evanmeindl

Ahh, that would make sense!

20. Phil507

As I wrote that, I checked on StubHub and apparently there are lawn tickets available so...who knows. It does seem like a rather big place for them to sell out 2 nights of.

21. lifestartsmusic

Back For A (Not So) Limited Time Prestigious

What a mess trying to get tickets for night 2 of the concert. Snagged pit after a half hour.

22. bobby_runs

Not being billed as the holiday show for this radio station but they replied to me on twitter saying The 1975 will play a 90 minute set.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

24. bobby_runs

So anyone get tix for San Diego yet?

I went to Tiki Oasis this weekend and I’m broke until Thursday. Hopefully I can get what I want at that date.

25. Phil507

These radio holiday shows keep getting announced earlier and earlier each year.