Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 / 070 Shake Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 25, 2016.

1. FantasticCams

Reiterating what has already been said, 070 Shake was ROUGH. Other than that, they were absolutely amazing last night. Seeing If I Believe You live is such a treat.

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yikes! That's awful.

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yeah it was fucked up haha. Luckily I did see them earlier this year, and I only paid $20 for the show so I can't be too upset.

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Two amazing nights in Chicago, crowd was fire, band was on point...absolutely crushed about 'This Must Be My Dream' though. Moral of the story...don't take a trip across the country to see a band play one specific song, even if they said they would play it, and played it pretty much the entire tour up until your show. Don't see a band 5 times in one year just to hear one song.

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I went to night 2. Any differences to the first night? It was cool that we got Milk and Robbers.

6. Daniel182

Only one difference in night two. They played Me instead of fallingforyou.

heymattrick likes this.
  7. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Went to this last night in Indy and it was spectacular. Matty was on point and that stage set up beautiful. One of my fav shows of the year.

Daniel182 likes this.
  8. timcsheehan

Regular

my show is tomorrow. v stoked.

heymattrick likes this.
  9. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

shows on friday for me. my fourth time seeing them but always feels like new.

10. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

same, i'm excited that they are playing smaller venues again, i wasn't expecting to see them at a venue like Southside after the last tour hit big outdoor venues in ATX and houston.

I'm really hoping they keep Paris in the set this time around since last time they cut down a few songs due to the drummer hurting his shoulder and missing the show.

11. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

yes i was at austin outside show too! yeah i was definitely missing out on songs like ballad and paris cause of george. excited to see them live.

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw them live for the first time, and wow, what a show. It was quite incredible.

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

They sounded amazing and the visuals were incredible, but I thought the venue handled the whole thing super poorly and the crowd was the worst.

I thought it was going to be cool seeing them in a smaller venue again, but I'm honestly cool with them doing bigger shows from here on out because I don't think I could deal with that again. To say people were hysteric wouldn't be a stretch honestly. I don't mind younger fans and understand that they are the backbone of most fan bases for bands like this, but the fact that they had to tell people to spread out multiple times because the crowd kept ignoring them was annoying and I'm so over watching the entire show on people's phone screens. I saw at least three people get carried out by venue security and one girl looked unconscious. Another was crying because she didn't want to leave but couldn't breathe in the crowd.

@everyone else, how were the rest of the crowds on the tour?

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

San Diego crowds in general are pretty shit haha. Basically a dead crowd that sat through any mid-tempo or slow song and only showed energy to a few singles at the end. Happens at most bigger shows here.

Maybevictor and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  16. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Agreed. I took me moving out of SD to realize how lame the crowds really are

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

The visuals were definitely impressive. Our crowd wasn't bad, but it was also a theater, everyone was in the seat they were supposed to be in both on the floor and balcony.

18. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

crowd was insane.

19. heymattrick

Sending my love

That Dallas crowd last night was something else. I saw Taking Back Sunday at the South Side Ballroom last year and even though it was packed, it was nothing like that show last night. I was on the front floor but a little further back, closer to the big support beam on the right side. The crowd was asked on three different occasions to back up, and The 1975 stopped in between UGH! and Heart Out for about two minutes for Matty to ask the crowd to move back, and he seemed pretty irritated. I'm pretty certain the intense crowd is why the setlist was shorter last night.

Still no This Must Be My Dream...going to both Houston shows tonight and tomorrow (my 7th and 8th time seeing them this year) and while I'm not holding my breath at this point (the shows have still all been amazing), gosh darn it I wish they would just bring it back. The setlist for the first few dates of this tour than what they're playing now would have been much preferred by this guy who has seen them so may times.

Maybevictor and thesoftskeleton like this.
  20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Yeah i was at dallas show and I was all the way back by the sound booth area which sucked but was good because gave me a little room to breath. there was security there and the had to keep moving the gate i was standing by to go help people when they were passing out. also didnt help probably a lot of the fan base are people who are in school and there was no school that day because of the holiday and fell on a friday. hence a very large sold out crowd .the crowds are getting out of control every time i go and see them now. I couldnt even really see the stage which feels like a bit of a shame. still enjoyed myself immensely though.

Maybevictor and heymattrick like this.
  21. heymattrick

Sending my love

Houston show tonight was awesome. They did add Paris back in and switched places of Milk and Robbers within the set list. Tomorrow my last 1975 show of the year and I have "Skip the Line"/Early Entry which I'm pretty jazzed about. I'd say one final time I hope they play MY SONG but at this point I'm just gonna let it ride.

22. Daniel182

heymattrick likes this.
  23. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think they're definitely starting to reach burnout point again. Show last night in Houston was even shorter, 2 fewer songs than the night before. Matty only addressed the crowd in between songs once, and it was just to say "We're the 1975 from Manchester", nothing else.

Had a good time at these shows, still one of my favorite bands. In the future though probably won't go to multiple shows on a tour, at least not this late in the routing. With some of the different songs they brought out recently I am disappointed at the setlist selection I got across the specific 8 shows I went to this year. Seemed like I just got a little unlucky and got almost the same show everytime. They played my favorite song This Must Be My Dream at 18 shows on this tour but not a single one I went to. I don't even care for "Medicine" that much but pretty surprised I didn't get to see that either. Sounds like they're going to do another US tour next year, probably late spring/early summer - hopefully will be a new tour and not just another extension of this one.

EDIT: I didn't mean for this to sound so complain-y. I fully understand it was my decision to go to so many shows and that a lot of people may not even have the opportunity to see them once.

thesoftskeleton likes this.
  24. austingordon

your local curmudgeon

Bummed I missed them in Dallas, still haven't ever seen them - that being said, I'm not surprised by the things I've read about the crowds at their shows. I know kids live and breathe by some of these bands (we all did once), but it just gets a little ridiculous at times. Kids crushing each other and all that. There's got to be a happy medium, haha.

heymattrick likes this.
  25. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i was 2 people from the front barrier in boone and there was no push at all i was shocked.