Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 / 070 Shake Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jerihoar

Regular

You're welcome!

2. Jerihoar

Regular

Got a really good seat. Weird how they're doing pretty big venues but a small(5k) here.

3. FantasticCams

This band causes me to make irrational decisions void of all logic and reasoning. Got two general admission tickets to Chicago.

4. timcsheehan

Regular

had 4 great seats for Atlanta, but freaking Bandsintown app crashed and i lost them. ended up buying general admission floor for Nashville though. Bummer though because the venue they are playing in Atlanta is a stunningly beautiful theater,

5. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

2nd Chicago show added on the 14th! Boom - way to make that trip to Chicago extra worth it.

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Glad I copped a ticket for this during presale, my date sold out in minutes. I wonder who is opening for them this time around.

7. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Any guesses as to who they'll be touring with? I'd love if The Japanese House was opening for them again.

8. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

Can't wait. Chicago shows are almost always fantastic. November is too far away.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I would definitely be ok with the Japanese house again.

10. heymattrick

Looks like they added another Pittsburgh show too.

I saw The 1975 in Oklahoma City last weekend and they were phenomenal. I can't wait to see the new set for this tour. So excited to see "This Must Be My Dream".

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Hoping they do "please be naked" or "lostmyhead" this time around

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

id love for them to work "nana" into the set

13. heymattrick

Their set needs more upbeat songs, not more slower/ambient songs. Loved this last tour but that middle half hour really drug on. "Anobrain", "Me", and "fallingforyou" can go, and I don't think replacing them with "Please Be Naked", "Lostmyhead", or other slow ones is the answer!

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Lostmyhead into Ballad of Me and My Brain would be really cool, though I could do without Anobrain / Me

15. FantasticCams

Me is one of my absolute favorite songs to see live, I'd much rather see that than any of the slower, acoustic songs from the new album. I would really like to see Ballad though.

16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I still wish the record ended with Ballad and then went into 4-6 minutes of absolute sonic mayhem. I'm just not willing to pay to see them @ Mohegan because I really didn't love their show in the big stadium setting the first time around.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i seem to have a very different idea of what makes this band great than everyone else

Joe4th likes this.
  18. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I really enjoyed the chunk of down tempo songs in the middle of the set on their last tour. Those songs are the lion's share of my favorites from them. I totally get the love for the upbeat songs too and wouldn't mind a shift back to them playing more of those. I'd really love to hear 'The City' live again.

Not to belabor the point but a really great way for them to balance the mood of the night would be to have The Japanese House or a similar down temp band open for them.

stillbrazy likes this.
  19. heymattrick

That's what makes them so great!

I do love all the slower, ambient songs. I just would like to see a different selection the next tour, and not all bunched up together in the middle.

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The Japanese house announced a tour that overlaps with the ending of this one, so they are definitely not on the whole tour and probably not on it at all

21. heymattrick

Considering they already opened The 1975's spring tour, I'm not sure why people thought they were a possibility for this tour.

ramres likes this.
  22. jorbjorb

7 rings

seeing them for the first time. wondering who is opening lol

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Tickets for Chicago on 11/14 will be $19.75 on Live Nation tomorrow.

24. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Good looking out!

25. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

070 Shake listed as the opener on Ticketmaster