Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “Somebody Else” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Hmmm... I mean, kinda, but I feel there must be a better word you're looking for. Especially in regards to talking about Brexit, xenophobia is used in a cultural way, not in an ageist way

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think The 1975 put out the best videos in music right now. So great. Each one is like a mini movie.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  3. kait_whiteside

Video is great, no surprise there. I am still feeling a little unsettled by seeing Matty have sex with himself, though, I must say. haha

PandaBear! likes this.
  4. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

I'll continue to echo what others have said, best song on the album but 16 others come really close ha

smowashere likes this.
  5. polyfilla

who can never be sure

Agree with this entire comment. This might even be my favorite song of 2016, tbh

CMilliken likes this.
  6. bodkins

Trusted

Someone commented if you play "Ugh" over the 3 minute intro, scenes line up with lyrics. Haven't tried it yet. Cool if so though.

ramres likes this.
  7. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

The phone ringing in the video when the line "I think I lost my phone so won't you call it up for me?" is sung in "Ugh" is what sold me on the fact that this had to be intentional.

bodkins likes this.
  8. 9th At Pine

Last one out of Liberty City burn it to the ground

Yeah I just tested out playing "Ugh" over the intro and it lines up perfectly. Not only the phone part, but also "Using other people's faces as a mirror for you" right when he looks in the mirror. Also he sings "This conversation's not about reciprocation no more" right about the time he walks over to the couch with the woman from The Ring or whoever that is haha.

bodkins likes this.
  9. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

I thought that was Matt in a nightgown lol.

10. bodkins

Trusted

11. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Upon a second-viewing, I'm gonna say that that is totally Matt. The "girl" even has the same chest tattoo as Matt.

Which kind of goes along with the rest of the video, with people turning into Matt/it only being himself.

12. Kizwiz

Regular

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Somebody Else or If I Believe You will end up being my song of the year.