Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “People” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

"Open credits song to 90's teen horror movie".

Analog Drummer likes this.
  2. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Any band that can go from the pop end to the heavy end of the alt rock radio spectrum in less than a year deserves a tip of the ol’ cap.

3. somethingwitty

Trusted

Feeling this

4. This is getting me so hyped. I thought their last album was very okay, especially for the abilities of this band, but I am so here for this. Can’t wait to here how the rest of the album shapes up. Only sad that they are doing the lead single sooooo far in advance again haha

5. jackyjackyjack

Regular

From all the singles released this immediately jumped out at me as being very good. I can see from Facebook / YouTube comments that the teenage fan girls are not appreciating it ('why have they gone Marilyn Manson?!'...) but it's definitely much more my tempo

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. Tom Lee

Regular

Matt Healy has been listening to a lot of Refused before penning this one.

JamesMichael likes this.
  7. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Is it weird that somehow, despite always being a member of Chorus and before that ap.net, that this is the first 1975 song I've listened to (other than maybe things played in public spaces and didn't realize it was them)? I know this isn't their typical sound, but I'm not sure of my first impression.

8. I'm definitely here for this.

9. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Definitely not a one song and judge band. This is an extreme outlier for them but having said that, they have a lot of outlier songs. I would give you a song from each album to listen to but it's impossible for me to pick from ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI (what an acronym). That album is 100% gold from front to back. A brief inquiry was okay to me with some stand outs but also some duds.

Give their discography a try and see what you like. Just from their albums without any bonus tracks you've got almost 50 tracks...

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Wow I did not see this coming at all

11. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

AVanMill17 and palebluedot like this.
  12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

It's...great. It's actually great. I've come all the way around on it.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.