Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “Love It if We Made It”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The 1975 have released their new song “Love It if We Made It” on Spotify and Apple Music.

Early thoughts: This band continues to aim high and hit far more than they miss. This song is awesome and feels potent, unique, and, like almost all The 1975 songs, captures a mood and vibe in the music. I’m so happy to be alive while this band is in their prime. This album is shaping up to be special.

[​IMG]

2. AVanMill17

Regular

They shouldn't be allowed to be this good. Is it October yet?

3. schackbr

Regular

this song is DOPE. immediately like it more than Give Yourself A Try

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Great song. Between this and Alkaline I am having QUITE the day.

Daniel182 likes this.
  5. RobTalksInMaths

Some of the lyrics are so cringey, but goddamn that second & third chorus is catchy as helllll. Way better than GYAT.

6. Delysid

Regular

musically reminds me of the blue nile

7. Delysid

Regular

HOLY WHAT JUST GOT TO 2 MINUTES

Its like dolphins all came out and are doing flips!

8. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

This is so much better than Give yourself a try. I hated that one on 1st listen, and while it's grown a little bit, it does very little for me and has barely been replayed. This on the other hand, this is a jam. I love the production and how roomy it is. Has the potential to sound HUGE live.

EDIT: Just read the lyrics and am really not sure what to make of them. There's a lot to unpack. Seems completely random and a stream of consciousness on 1st look.

9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It’s Mattys we didn’t start the fire lol

10. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This band is so special.

11. tvck

Trusted

Miles and miles better than "Give Yourself a Try"

Song gave me chills multiple times.

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Love this song. 2/2 for me, still love Give Yourself A Try. I can't wait for this record to come out.

zachmacD likes this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

This record is going to be awesome. After Ugh! and Love me came out (they were the first two released if I remember correctly), I was not excited at all for I like it when you sleep. Then that record turned out to be pretty fantastic. I love both of these songs so far

14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This is incredible. Been a great couple of weeks for new singles.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Kinda curious what 1975 songs DON'T meet the criteria listed in early thoughts. Even my least favorite songs from this band definitely capture a specific vibe for me

16. I thought that’s what I was saying here, “like almost all The 1975 songs, captures a mood and vibe in the music.”

Probably shoulda been clearer.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Didn't mean to nitpick ya, you got the point across better than I woulda, I just wondered if maybe there's some song of theirs that fell flat for you

18. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I love the vocal delivery.

19. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Wonderful track. So many buried notes riding the wave of the rhythm section.~

20. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

love it, but does he literally quote Trump at one point??!?! "I moved on her like a bitch"? :chin:
    It's fantastic other than that, those 2nd and 3rd choruses are great as people have said!

21. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yes and it's juxtaposition with the Kaep reference couldn't be better

PandaBear! likes this.
  22. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Just read the lyrics - why does he also quote the "thank you Kanye, very cool" tweet too?! :crylaugh:

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I interpret it as a comment on social status and race but I'm sure repeated listens will bring new insights and readings

PandaBear! likes this.
  24. brothemighty

Trusted

Oh cool! So we're still getting songs that sound like The 1975 songs

Lyrics are cool. It's true, Western civilization fucking sucks right now

25. brothemighty

Trusted

Hahahaaa
    "Thank you Kanye, very cool" is also a Trump quote
    EDIT: Oh you already got there

Liberal kitsch
    Kneeling on a pitch