Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975 – “A Change of Heart” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

I've seen a lot of love for this album of theirs, and finally, I got to listen to it yesterday. Wow. Just amazing. This is one of the tracks that I really like.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

Out of an album filled with some of the best music I've heard in years, this is one of least favorites... But, even with a song that I generally skip when I listen to the album, these guys amaze me every time... Great video.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Clowns make me uncomfortable

5. This is one of my favorites from the album, but I'm still a bit surprised that it's the choice for the next single. I feel like "She's American" could have huge widespread appeal.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This was fucking awesome. They've done some of my favourite videos of late. One of the few bands that I actually am interested in even seeing the videos in the first place.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. musicguy87

Dumb question but that's not Matty playing the part of the male clown, is it? Haha. Wasn't sure.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I thought it was. Then I thought it wasn't. Then I thought it was again, haha. @musicguy87

9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

It is Matty. At least that's how I interpreted Jamie Oborne's tweets when they were filming it.

Probably my least favorite on the album (although still wonderful), but this video was fantastic!

10. musicguy87

Yeah I saw that tweet too I think. Being a long night or whatever he said. Makes sense. Pretty solid moves by Matty I shall say!

11. Pretty sure this is just a UK single.

12. I really like this song. I think there's other songs that would work better on the radio, but this is one of my personal favorites. And that video is wonderful

13. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Not too shabby, can't wait to see these guys again next month...

14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Love the song, really like this video - got kinda emotional while watching for some reason?! (I am sick tho so maybe that's why? lol)

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Probably my favorite song on the album. Surprised to see that people don't seem to enjoy it.

16. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Made me like the song more, loved the video

17. alexjlow

Regular

One of my favourites on the album for sure and joint lyrical favourite with 'Paris'. Agree with the view that its a bit of a strange choice for a single and that 'She's American' will be massive if they go with it as an official single.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  18. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

Not really a fan of the video or the song. Maybe it's just me, but I like to see all the band members in the videos too.

REALLY wish they did a video for If I Believe You (not sure if there is already)

19. Mr. Serotonin

It's kinda funny that they chose the carnival theme for this song. Whenever i heard Paris before this video came out, I got a carnival vibe from it, and that's always what i kind of pictured in my mind because of the tones they used and whatnot.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Love this song. Might be my favourite on the album right now.

21. Mr. Serotonin

MoreOrLessPaul and Jason Tate like this.
  22. kait_whiteside

Oh it is for sure, without a doubt, Matty. You couldn't tell by those sweet dance moves?!

23. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

If you haven't seen the typewriter "treatment" that Matty tweeted out earlier today, it's definitely worth reading.

"I am, have been, and will always be a clown. I think it can tire people."

24. bodkins

Trusted

Still surprised to see people posting they don't dig this song. Personally find it to be a great song.

25. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

damn. this brought back feelings from years ago. video resonated with me more than i thought it would