Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 15:17 to Paris (Clint Eastwood, February 9, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by brandon_260, Jan 9, 2018.

1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

As much as I disagree with Eastwood on his views outside of film I still wish he would return to doing films not based on true events as I haven't really been able to engage with the likes of Sully and have no desire to see this or American Sniper.

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I liked Sully a lot but the main difference between this movie and Sully is that Sully chooses to focus on the aftermatch of a brief incident rather than, like, Sully misbehaving in school and then deciding he wants to be a pilot. There maybe could have been a good story here if the train incident happened 1/3-1/2 of the way through the movie and the rest focused on how their lives changed after being declared heroes. But instead we spend 40 minutes watching them dick around Europe, choosing Gelato flavors, visiting the Colloseum and saying shit like “Wow we’re at the Colloseum”.

And it’s not the three guys’ fault. The three greatest actors alive wouldn’t have been able to salvage this. At least their casting made it somewhat interesting to watch.

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. Sully was pointless IMO

4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I have no desire to see this, but Sully was great. Fantastic editing.

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Sully still has the strangest cut to credits I've ever seen

Zilla likes this.
  6. Morrissey

Trusted

kbeef2 likes this.
  7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Late Eastwood is galaxy brain

Aregala likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I didn’t really like this. The acting from the three main characters was better than I was expecting given that it’s the real people and they’ve never acted before. But I think in trying to stay as true as possible to their actual story, the script ended up being very dull. During the whole eurotrip sequence, we never got a real feel for their friendship, which was crucial to the film.

Side note, someone save Judy Greer and Jenna Fisher from the concerned mom role. I feel like that’s all I ever see them acting as these days.

a nice person likes this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I saw this preview before 13 movies in a row so I told myself to use my MoviePass for a solid hate watch. Oh my word this was an awe-inspiringly bad piece of shit film.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

11. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

brandon_260 likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

That Eastwood couldn't even bother to try and change the ages of the mothers over fifteen years tells you everything you need to know about this. It is remarkable how little effort one of the all-time great filmmakers puts into his work.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]