Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 13th Doctor Has Been Announced • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 16, 2017.

1. razorburn

Trusted

Imagine being the kind of person that's annoyed by this.

2. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Wow .. hyped af!

p.s Still missing the impossible girl :brokenheart:

[​IMG]

clockwise likes this.
  3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I miss Clara :(((((

But Jodie is SOOO fucking good in the Black Mirror episode "The Entire History of You". I can't wait for her series as the Doctor.

Aaron Mook and knstadin like this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

Jodie is immensely talented and beautiful, I'm really excited to see her Doctor.

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Maybe I'll give the series a chance again now. Matt Smith fell flat for me as a Doctor after Tennant and Eccleston so I stopped watching. I've heard good things about Capaldi so perhaps I should jump back in...

Raku likes this.
  6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

He posted a similar tweet during Hillary's campaign but the focus was on a female president instead of a female doctor.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  7. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Excited to check out the next series with new Who and showrunner. I liked Capaldi, but can't do Moffat, so I largely dropped off very quickly into his run.

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Good for them. The show's been around for a while. Why not try something new?

Aaron Mook and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  9. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

Tried to stick with Capaldi, but just couldn't get into it. Haven't watched a new Who episode in years. This will definitely draw me back into it, especially with the new showrunner as well.

Also. holy lol at the sexist fanboys. You'd think a show as deeply nerdy and sci-fi as this, maybe the fanbase would be a little less quick to judge someone. Nope!

10. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I knew I read a similar thing somewhere. Not that it makes his point any less valid or anything.

11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Honestly don't understand Clara's appeal (everyone I've talked to just kept saying how cute she was which has no bearing on her performance or character) but to each their own I suppose.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Clara's relationship with the Twelfth Doctor was probably the most complex of any companion to date imo. There was just a really deep and special connection there, they'll likely always be my favorite TARDIS team for that reason.

knstadin likes this.
  14. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I liked Clara because she was a teacher. Beyond that she was a good companion but not my favorite. Rose and Amy are pretty neck and neck.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Hell. Yes. So happy about this.

16. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Exactly this. And then she was also the best companion Capaldi's Doctor has had for that same reason for the antagonism that he feels like he should still have that same relationship with her but she is unable to see the same person which is an understandable human reaction

17. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Lost a lot of interest after the first season of Capaldi. Definitely willing to pick this back up.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Should I get into this show?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. jorbjorb

7 rings

Holy. I didn't realize that was the same actor. Absolutely loved that episode.

20. Skreech

I've loved the last few years with Capaldi. It makes me sad that people stopped watching after series 8 and missed the incredible development his Doctor received across the next two years. Series 9 was an absolute stand out for me. Having said that, it feels like the era has come to a satisfactory end and I'm excited to see where JW and Chibbers takes it in the future. Series 11 cannot come soon enough!

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed, Aaron Mook and Turkeylegz like this.