Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 100 (CW) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I don't see the filter? Though, the crying mascara one made me chuckle when I had that in mind, because her eye make-up was always on point.

I think I'm at a weird place with what happened. Because we don't know how it advances the plot because of the break. In a vacuum, I'm okay with what happened. It fits the world and the narrative being told for three seasons now. However, it's not in a vacuum and that's where it gets really, really sticky. And then you hear about the writers infiltrating those boards and yeah, that's seriously not okay.

2. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It kind of looks like mascara but the fact that it completely surrounds your eyes and goes to the side of your head makes me think it is not a coincidence. It also changes your eye color to one that is similar to Alycia's.

And I guess something in the latter half in the season could change my mind but that fact that Jason has said changed his explanation for it or how he feels about making that decision multiple times has annoyed me.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

I couldn't get passed the first episode. Does it get better?

4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yes, watch at least the first four. It just continues to improve from there. I honestly almost didn't keep watching after the first episode either but now I love it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

thank you. I'll give this another shot.

morgantayler likes this.
  6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Where I'm at with this show currently (not that anyone is asking for more of my thoughts on this) is that they fully were aware of what they were doing. I get the feeling they always planned on the relationship ending this way. There are so many lies and so many things that have come out about it since that give me reason to believe that the whole relationship was queerbaiting and Jason just got very lucky with having actresses with amazing chemistry and a great writing team. I think on any other show it would've looked a lot more gratuitous and been handled with a lot less care. I think that ADC getting cast on another show was a convenient situation for them because then they had a scapegoat for it. But I think she was brought in because they knew it would raise viewership and killed off to tell the tragedy (which, as Garrett said above, in a vacuum works very well, but this isn't a vacuum). I'll probably finish out the season, but I doubt I'll be back for S4.

morgantayler likes this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Posting this because I want to and because we can embed tweets so why not????
    (edit: that turned out way bigger than I expected lol)

Meerkat likes this.
  8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

When does this show come back already???

9. Garrett

Tonight!

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Fuck yeaaahhh

11. Garrett

Ontari's (I think?) face paint/tattoos are legit.

12. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I'm really excited to finally meet this mysterious Luna.

13. Garrett

no no no no no i can't no no no no no

14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

We all knew this was coming but it hurts all the same.

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Ugh

16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

That was the first time Lincoln told Octavia he loved her right?
    I really like how she quickly she went from crying to war-face when he was killed.

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

If Octavia doesn't kill Pilke, I'll never be satisfied.

Meerkat likes this.
  18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

This season has been a huge disappointment for me.

Last episode was pretty solid though. I saw a spoiler for it unfortunately :verysad: still hurt when it happened.

19. Meerkat

When Harper asks Monty where his mom is in the scene at the beginning of the episode, the entire crowd at WonderCon gasped and there were a ton of "oh shit!"

20. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I agree this season hasn't been anywhere near as good as the first two. I'm still watching it but it does feel like a drop in quality

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

That was an interesting read. I wasn't aware that Ricky Whittle felt like Rothenberg was bullying him. Sounds like there's some bad blood there

22. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Still think this show is incredible, but all the weirdness behind the scenes is so confusing and I really don't know what to make of it all.

23. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

24. Meerkat

I have a major problem with how he talked about Raven in that interview. Very disappointing

25. I don't have time to watch the whole thing. What did he say?