Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The ‘Matrix 4’ is Coming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Justin Kroll, writing at Variety:

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday. […]

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Whoa

3. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

The Matrix is my favorite movie...by far. But the 2nd and 3rd did nothing for me. I was happy for this when I heard the news yesterday but today I am not so excited. Writing is the hardest part of any story obviously and I don't think Hollywood can write a decent story anymore.

4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Psst...wanna hear a secret? Come here:

(the second and third movies are actually kinda good)

5. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Especially 2

chcougar1 likes this.
  6. Sander

kflkmflkm

this is 100000% going to be a the force awakens esque soft reboot. lame

7. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Any idea why Lilly isn't working on this?

Ska Senanake likes this.
  8. I didn't even know there were 3 of these movies. I thought there was one live action, and one animated or something? I saw the first one in the theater when it originally came out, but it started at midnight and so I ended up falling asleep through the whole thing. Haha, anyway, I guess now is a good time to finally see these movies?

9. say_hello_to_good_times

So much to unpack here...

So many jokes on the tip on my keyboard...

But I'll leave it alone, haha.

Yes, watch the movies.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. It drives this guy that I work with crazy that I haven't seen The Matrix or The Lord of the Rings movies all the way through. He says, "I HATE how un-nerdy you are..." :beer:

11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

0A0E5CA2-FD31-43E6-B7D5-16BD9A8E5B60.gif

chcougar1, palebluedot and serotonin like this.
  12. Zach

Trusted Supporter

WHAT

How is that possible

chcougar1 likes this.
  13. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

The animated movies were really cool.
    I love the first, dislike the second (hate car chases I'm general haha) and enjoy the third.

As long as clichés are kept in check, I'm all for this.

14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

They really are. While the first movie is a near perfect self-contained story, the second and third flesh out the world so well and have a lot of depth.

chcougar1 likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

IIRC, the Matrix didn't go away at the end of Revolutions so it's possible that the bad side could come back.

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

It ended in a truce. What you saw at the end was a rebuilt matrix minus the corruption of Smith, and the Oracle and Architect discussing a peace that will last "as long as it can". Those who want to be unplugged can do so, and everyone else can still stay a part of the Matrix.

In supplemental video games the peace only lasts a few years, as humanity builds New Zion and has aspirations of returning to the surface and conquering the machines.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This excites me

18. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

here for it. The Matrix and the Animated Matrix are incredible. 2nd and 3rd are worth watching but yeah not my favorite.

19. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I hope they're spirits or some shit are trapped in the matrix and it fully takes place in the matrix which would explain not having any of the other original characters.

20. Sybil

Regular

Yeah, dont forget about "The Animatrix" also. It explains a lot, and adds a lot of perspective to the lore.

21. noKings

Regular

Grant Hill. Legend.

22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What?

23. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Oh I was talking about the person who has never seen The Matrix or LOTR haha

I appreciate it though, it has been a long ass time since I have watched any of The Matrix films