Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

That My Chemical Romance “Tour Announcement” Has Been Up For Years

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Over the weekend Alt Press ran a story headlined with, “Are My Chemical Romance planning a tour?,” based on the following evidence:

The band’s site was updated with an “MCRX TOUR” announcement, and the description reads: “Check back soon for more details on the upcoming tour.”

Upcoming tour?

We’re freaking out a little bit. (OK, we’re freaking out A LOT.)

This damn line on their website causes a freakout every few months.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the website has had that same blurb on it for years. Here it is in October of 2016. If and when My Chemical Romance return, given everything we know about the band, I’d have to imagine it’ll be a well thought out and produced announcement.1

1. And I am a believer that it’s a when, not an if, I just don’t know when.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

My heart fluttered as I read "My Chemical Romance" and "tour" in a news post.

I should have known better.

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Shoddy sensationalized reporting is shoddy.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I absolutely can’t stand their constant ‘forced’ effort on that site to gain clicks.

Their headlines also make me cringe...”our hearts are so full”.

They are quick at reporting some band news which is generally the only reason I go on.

5. Woohoo!

Regular

My local radio station announced in December one morning that MCR got back together and i check here and there was nothing about it. I googled it and there was nothing about it. How damn difficult is it to look for more than one source on this stuff? I want people to trust me when I talk about things... Do these "professionals" not care if people can't take them seriously?

6. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Always a good article for a slow news day on altpress.

7. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Did you expect anything else from Alt Press?

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That was more a general statement on my part than anything.. So... No. Haha.

9. Frenzyofdeceit

Regular

All my friends were freaking out & I just sat there shaking my head. Guys, like Jason said, when/ if it happens, we will definitely KNOW.

10. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I’m more excited that this website has footnotes! Have we always had footnotes? How much have I been missing?

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nice try Jason, it's nice of you to try to cover for them until they're ready to announce this, but I'm seeing through it. Reunion tour 2018 is happening.

alkalinexandy and Turkeylegz like this.
  12. I've made jokes in footnotes quite a few times. Heh.

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

What's funny about this is that someone actually went in and modified the site to address this. The comment now has: "Submitted by blurryface on July 21, 2016 - 7:32am" above it to avoid any confusion.