Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thank You to Blink-182; ‘California’ in Stores Now • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 2, 2016.

1. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

hey I like the album. If I take a road trip to California I think I just might know what I'll be listening to.

2. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Love this record. It's definitely different without Tom, but it sounds exactly like how Blink-182 should sound 24 years into this band's existence.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  3. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Anyone getting an Unwritten Law vibe from "Los Angeles"?

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Meh. It does sound like something cheesy Unwritten Law would write these days.

5. Walkabout

Regular

jeesh

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I told you why....

You don't see how suggesting a band's lyrics aren't genuine might be a shitty thing to say?

7. monkeytarget

That is the weirdest statement I've read all day. If one thinks the lyrics are worse that makes it true for them, doesn't need to be true for you. I for one do think the lyrics are plain bad, as they have been before, but they feel worse coming from old dudes.

8. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

This is a solid record. I will always feel like we were robbed of the proper follow up to Untitled and that blink's best record lies within that timegap of the breakup considering Whisper and Heart Stops were both solid efforts. However, this is a solid record and I think overall better than Neighborhoods (debatable, but I think so) and objectively better than DED (though this could be apples and oranges due to it being an EP). I'm happy with this and I'm happy that's it's pretty well received on the whole.