Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Th es a 99% Chanel This Is A Music Chat Thread [Archived] • Page 1610

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. currytheword

Trusted

Take time away from it. Focus on some other things going on in your life and try some new stuff as well. You'll come back to it with a fresh take and maybe some new influence that can get your creative spark going again.

2. Dog with a Blog

Are you not enjoying writing about music, or are you not enjoying the medium as a whole? Cause maybe you can talk about music in some other format.

Genuinely curious, what does the future of music journalism look like? Is it even a viable option as a career path? I know it’s a different beast, but it’s been pretty interesting to see video game journalism evolve in the last 5-6 years due to YouTube/twitch. The standard video game review is all but dead and it’s for the better, imo.

littlejohn and Carrow like this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

No better way to win the division than by beating the cheeseheads. Sorry @awwgereee.

4. currytheword

Trusted

5. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

6. Not enjoying writing about music, mostly. Like, I've never been paid for it and I don't think I ever will be but there used to be something about it that I loved and I was always working on something or another. Then my mental health became bad enough that I needed to keep stepping away from it and made coming back seem less and less appealing. And I've just constantly been a mess this year and trying to keep my interest in it going (been doing it since 2009) but nothing's worked out and I doubt myself all the time, on top of my ever-worsening mental health.

I don't know about the future of music journalism but it's become hard to maintain enthusiasm for it and I'm sick of pretending I'm still into it. One major thing that happened this year was I was unceremoniously cut from a print magazine after one issue, no warning or explanation given. (and then they used my short-form review on their site anyway) That pretty much destroyed the remaining confidence I had in my writing and since then it's been like getting blood from a stone. Not sure I can do this anymore.

littlejohn likes this.
  7. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This entire post is so accurate to why I have grown to hate going to the theatre over the years

9. littlejohn Dec 16, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2018)
    littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

It's ok. I'm happy they fired Mccarthy. Hope they get a good coach that will actually try some good plays.

I'd like some better scouts and maybe a defense would be nice too.

KidLightning likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

littlejohn likes this.
  11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

currytheword and littlejohn like this.
  12. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

We're all celebrating the browns.
    I'm very happy for the players and fans. Greg Williams should be out of football though

currytheword likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

15. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm sorry everyone. My bagel reviews are behind. I will pots them tomorrow, or the next time I'm in front of a computer with a keyboard.

16. Dog with a Blog

They’re my least favorite posts

bachna84 and littlejohn like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

18. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, I mean, @Kingjohn_654 posts in here so, that’s sayin something.

How was your weekend, Ian?

littlejohn and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

it was alright, I already know how yours was ;-)

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

About to see Childish Gambino and I have hella close seats :praise:

21. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

23. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

24. Dog with a Blog

25. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

For Xmas I just want everybody to listen to As Tall As Lions.

Or gift cards are good too.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.