Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Th es a 99% Chanel This Is A Music Chat Thread [Archived] • Page 1609

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, May 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

there was a bunch of people clapping at my advanced screening of Spider-Man just at the intro.

2. currytheword

Trusted

Guess who got called off from their 2nd job today? This chump right here. Let’s chat.

Kingjohn_654 and littlejohn like this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

And I assume when Stan shows up?

4. CobraKidJon

5. CobraKidJon

I went to an advanced screening last week and it was such a great crowd of cheering and noticing those tiny references.

I went last night to a showing and it was super quiet the whole time even at the Stan Lee stuff and I was just like this sucks.

littlejohn and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Yeah, depending on the movie, crowd reactions can be great. John Wick 2 was a lot of fun to see with a packed crowd. That fucking pencil scene was made so hilarious by everyone’s “ahhhh!!!!”

littlejohn likes this.
  7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Most of the marvel movies: crowd reactions are awesome

Halloween 2018: crowd reactions were annoying as fuck

littlejohn and Dog with a Blog like this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Most horror films have AWFUL crowds but Get Out had a great crowd

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Agreed. I was impressed with my crowd during A Quiet Place though, people actually stayed quiet which I expected some idiot to ruin

10. Dog with a Blog

I honestly get anxiety when I see movies I really care about with a crowd. The chips crunching, the bags crumpling, the people whispering...it drives me insane. If I don’t screen something I’ll usually wait awhile to see it so I don’t have to be around people. It’s hard for me to focus on the movie cause all I can think about is the next time someone is gonna make noise

Mary V, Larry David and littlejohn like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the only time crowds really bug me is if they audibly don't like the movie, you don't have to like it but some of us are trying to watch it
    I haven't had to deal with too many loud obnoxious crowds that I can think of based on certain movies

littlejohn and currytheword like this.
  12. CobraKidJon

I remember one time I was watching the Misfer Rodgers documentary in theaters and some lady refused to turn off her cellphone and it kept going off and it was the absolute WORST

littlejohn and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

I’ll usually go at like 3-4 pm in the afternoon on a weekday if I really want to see it the first week it’s out. Most people don’t go around then around here

littlejohn and currytheword like this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

I have friends I refuse to go to the movies with anymore because of stuff like this.

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

These people need smacked.

16. currytheword

Trusted

Moments I can recall in more recent years when crowd cheers were good:

Avengers assembling for the first time.
    Halloween reboot when JLC disappeared on the ground during the finale.
    Jurassic World when the T-Rex comes out of the paddock.
    Get Out when the groundskeeper/grandfather shoots Allison Williams.

littlejohn likes this.
  17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Remember a few weeks ago when I went rock climbing? It was pretty fun but holy shit my friend that I went with basically made rock climbing her whole personality. She goes every day and all she ever tweets about is rock climbing

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I am extremely indoorsy so I don't get this at all haha, is she trying to be the next Free Solo

Mary V, littlejohn and currytheword like this.
  19. CobraKidJon

I mean it was just the title screen they were clapping at so eh.

It just showed a picture of the movie and said “thanks for coming to this advanced screening”

littlejohn and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

Great movie/documentary.

littlejohn likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think watching it would make me too anxious so I haven't seen it yet

currytheword and littlejohn like this.
  22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

They need slapped hard. @SlappinCups

23. hey guys.

have been thinking about all the music writing stuff I do and have just been in a really pessimistic and uninspired place regarding it for the last while. I'm not sure where I stand on it anymore. I feel like I ran out of steam a long time ago, y'know? It feels like less of a hobby and more of a... well I don't want to call it a 'chore' because over the last decade it's allowed me to do things I was really proud of myself for doing, but I don't think the spark is there anymore and maybe I should just stop trying to force it. looking for advice because I don't really see a future in it. I wish I could enjoy it again instead of being beaten down by mental health shit all the time and that making something I used to love into a massive effort.

Mary V and littlejohn like this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Sorry pal. I don’t always have the best advice but maybe take a tiny break to get re-energized or only write about things you’re truly passionate about for a bit?

25. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I'm a little late but idk clapping is a very powerful thing. It only takes a couple of people to start clapping before more and more people start, one of those kinda things. Just like in The Happening

littlejohn likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.