Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tesla Motors Company • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Your Milkshake, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  2. christopherwatkins

I adore this kind of cars

3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

can not wait to get my model 3 next spring. have been saving for a year now.

hairtaylor and Ferrari333SP like this.
  4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Has anyone on here got a Model 3? I've been very interested in getting one recently after doing a ton of research. A sustainable eco future is definitely the way forward for everyday life and one that I want to be a part of. The tech in these cars are also leaps and bounds above the rest. I just hope they can iron out those annoying issues like the shoddy paint work and dodgy panelling sooner rather than later.

5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

not yet, but pulling the trigger March 2021. Been saving for 2 years to avoid car payments. The car is amazing. I watch videos all day at work on the car, live on reddit Tesla boards, and go to the dealership here monthly. Strongly suggest anything Tesla

6. JamesMichael

I’m aiming for a Model 3 as well I think. I’ll probably do what you’ve done and buy the car outright or at least as much as I can. I’m hoping to go fully sustainable at some point and have solar panels on my house (if its not this house then the next one) to produce as much energy as possible myself to charge the car.

I’m really liking the new Model 3 upgrades. I just hope they can sort those paintwork issues out in the coming year or two.

7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

The chrome delete pisses me off. I understand a lot of people don't like the chrome and get rid of it themselves, but should still have the option to configure with it still even if its a few hundred bucks extra. And them retiring Silver Metallic back in 2018 was a huge bummer as my current car is silver and beautiful. Im aiming for white on white Long Range

JamesMichael likes this.
  8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Picking up my Model 3 in a week. Long Range White exterior, white premium interior, with the 19" sport wheels. CAN NOT WAIT!!

JamesMichael and Brent like this.
  9. JamesMichael

Awesome news! What a good Christmas present to yourself haha. Hopefully I’ll be getting mine next year at some point.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I was aiming for Spring 2021, but New Jersey announced the cut the $5000 rebate for 2021 due to it running out of funding already. gave. 24 hour notice so I pulled the trigger

11. JamesMichael

How are you enjoying your Model 3? Curious about your experience so far and if you had any quality issues.

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

so far I love it although haven't driven it more than 150 miles yet. I was worried with all the negative reviews in regards to quality, but was pleasantly surprised when I picked mine up

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. any chance folks would be cool with making this an electric car thread more generally? I have a ton of issues with tesla/musk in general but firmly believe electric cars are the future and will be buying one as soon as it's financially feasible to do so (public transport isn't a very viable option for me). would be cool to hear from others on here who feel similarly.

Ferrari333SP and coleslawed like this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

My favorite site to keep up to date on electric vehicle industry news is Electrek: Electrek - EV and Tesla News, Green Energy, Ebikes, and more - has a daily email newsletter that I make sure to look at every day

It's great that finally most of the big players in the auto industry are coming out with their own electric cars; sucks that a majority of them seem to be shitty crossovers, but it's at least nice they're making the effort. Most are still years behind Tesla, but over time I think the might of big players like VW, GM, Ford, Merc, and BMW will catch up. Vehicle I'm most excited about is Rivian and their truck/SUV

JamesMichael and DaydreamNation like this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the canoo utility truck looks rad

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  16. JamesMichael

So I might be pulling the trigger on a black standard range plus Model 3 with the upgraded alloys soon.

We were considering the long range but here in the U.K. the standard range plus will hopefully be enough.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

I test drove the Polestar 2 today, I was extremely impressed. Almost impressed enough to buy one.

Going to do a bit more research but as of this point I don't see any reason why not.

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

just 233 miles range per epa

mescalineeyes likes this.
  19. mescalineeyes

it's 400km vs 460km on the same priced model 3 per the european whatevers.

apparently there's a FWD only model coming that has the same range as the model 3, I am considering waiting for that one.

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the Polestar site says it is $60k?

the 350 mi Model 3 is $50k

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I saw this one in person last year in Oslo; looked very sleek.

22. JamesMichael

Someone near us has one and it’s very nice.

Definitely a good alternative to the Model 3 if you don’t fancy that.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  23. mescalineeyes

I'm in europe haha, prices are different here! The model 3 and the polestar cost essentially the same with a similar spec level.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Where in Europe are you based? I've been waiting foreverrrrr for the Norway border to open to Americans, as I'll be moving to Oslo once that happens

25. mescalineeyes

Austria! :)

Oslo is Sick for sure

Your Milkshake and Ferrari333SP like this.