Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tesla Motors Company

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Your Milkshake, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

2. It's a few years down the line at least, but I hope my next car is a Tesla or some other fully electric car.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Pre-orders were more than double expectations. Really great news.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

going to be super interesting

however, maybe soon the price of oil will be less than burning coal *emoji

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  6. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

The Model 3 will be my next car. But I probably won't get one until 2020 lol

chcougar1 likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

they need to iterate that mileage tho tbh

8. I jinxed myself with this post. Five hours later, the brakes on my car gave out almost completely while I was driving (I could still stop but I had to press the brake pedal as far down as it would go and my stopping distance was at least triple what I'm used to - an utterly terrifying experience nonetheless). Fortunately I was only a couple blocks from my apartment and could pretty much coast home.

I'll find out tomorrow what it's going to cost to fix it. It's 13 years old and I've taken great care of it since I started driving, but I guess stuff like this just starts happening eventually. I'm definitely wishing the Model 3 was a little closer to production right now.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

there's also gov incentives to own an electric car and it starts at just 35k.... ;)

10. A Tesla is the dream.

11. Put my reservation in late Thursday after the unveiling. Gonna be a long ~2 years.

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Those incentives vaporize once there are 200,000 electric cars on the roads.

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I love the other Teslas but the Model 3 doesn't jive with me. The interior looks drab and cheap, the glass roof is neat but not practical when you consider the rear trunk entry is poorly designed. I would never be able to use this car like I do my current car and that's a compromise I can't make.

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

good point but there's not currently so early adopters can benefit. Much like you, I don't want or need to make the compromise to 215 miles to a "tank" atm

15. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder what percentage of the pre-orders needs to be fulfilled in order for the subsidies to end.

16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

idk how it works unfortunately. I'm just interested in seeing what happens and reading what learned people say about it haha

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

that car is insane. damn.

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Brent likes this.
  19. chcougar1

Trusted

Did you get a model 3?

20. chcougar1

Trusted

Why couldn’t you use a model 3 like your current car?

21. I didn’t. My car lasted until June of this year, and I finally gave up on it when the bumper fell off while I was driving. Went with a Honda Odyssey to replace it because my band can use it for short tours.

22. chcougar1

Trusted

you end up getting one yet?

23. chcougar1

Trusted

how long have you had yours? It’s been a little over a year for me and it’s the best car ever.

24. chcougar1

Trusted

model Y for you then maybe?

25. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

ready for this live stream of the truck!