Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tesla Announce Model 3 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

I'm glad to see that alternate fuel is finally becoming somewhat practical. I'm more intrigued with the Mirai though overall. The electric car has existed for over 150 year while fuel cells are relatively newer technology. It's only a matter of time before production and distribution of the energy sources will become more practical than gas.

2. goation

Regular

The site looks great so far so probably will.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. tigereatsapple

I couldn't imagine the cost of replacing that windshield, especially it being one big piece of glass. I don't think people are considering the amount of money that it will cost for maintenance.

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Agree on both points.

Yes, reminds me of a research scientist at a university that occasionally gets forced into teaching a class when staff levels are low or something like that. haha

6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

This, and the concept/details regarding the "Gigafactory" are two of the coolest things I've learned since reading up on the release of the Model 3.

7. leftovers419

I really, really want to preorder one. My '02 Toyota will probably be close to death by late '17 early '18.

My issue is that there's only one supercharger in my city, so if I understand correctly, I'd absolutely need the home powerwall thing, right?

8. Jonathan Apr 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 5, 2016)
    Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Powerwall is their home battery that works in tandem with (and requires) solar panels on your roof. I'm actually currently exploring this setup for my house.

I think what you're referring to the NEMA 14-50 outlet and wall connector? If your home has a garage or space where you can install this, you absolutely should. Otherwise you'll be waiting 30 minutes each time at that super charger, and who knows how many other people will be in line ahead of you, right? Incase you're wondering about cost of installation (the connector is $750), from their site:

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

So I'm half way through the book, and after re-reading the Quora page, I realize it's one big spoiler haha. That said, the book's less of a linear biography and more of a breakup of Musk's early life and then his different ventures and the circumstances around them. It's a page-turner for sure, definitely recommend it.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck dream car