Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Terrace House (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ikanacanyon, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

A Japanese reality series about six men and women who start out as strangers living in the same house. Boys And Girls In The City takes place in Tokyo while Aloha State takes place in Hawaii.

Anyone else watch this? I've been watching since last summer (I think?) and just realized I haven't seen anyone around here talking about it. It's a super charming and interesting show

Contender likes this.
  2. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Someone on Reddit has been fansubbing the original seasons of the show (she's three episodes in) and my girlfriend and I have been watching that. It's really interesting how much is the same and different vs when Netflix started airing it.

Terrace House Boys x Girls Next Door Week 1 "Moving to the Terrace House" Discussion (English translation available!) • r/terracehouse

The subtitles are available in each weeks discussion post, and the episodes themselves are available if you go to her user page. A good way to bide the time until Aloha State part 4 comes out

3. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I just discovered this show and did a search to see if there was a thread about it. Just finished the first part of Aloha State, I LOVE THIS. Highly recommend if you’re into reality shows at all, it’s fascinating how different this is from a normal American show.

4. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Yeah, it feels super refreshing compared to what I normally watch haha. Have you watched Boys and Girls in the City? It’s crazy to me how different BAGITC feels even next to Aloha State, where most of the house mates have lived in America for a good amount of time.

I just finished Aloha State a few weeks ago and it is a wild ride haha.

Also they recently announced they’re starting filming the next season starting 12/19!

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Have not watched BAGITC yet, I’m excited to dig in once I finish Aloha State though.

6. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Nice that’s super exciting. You probably won’t run out of stuff to watch anytime soon since I think BAGITC is like 40 eps (I think?) and then BAGND (which I posted a link to in an earlier post) is 97 eps long haha. Plus the new season coming out soon

7. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

New season just launched! So far I love the people and the location and think it’s a 1000000x improvement on aloha state

8. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Yes!! I watched the first 3 episodes last night and was all about it.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  9. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Series two just released! So far the first couple episodes have been really excellent

VanMastaIteHab and Contender like this.
  10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Omg just watched the first two, that closing shot of Seina drinking alone is EVERYTHING

ikanacanyon likes this.
  11. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Right?? I feel like it’s so crazy and kinda sad she’s back on? Like maybe she’s not doing so well after the breakup or something. Or the show isn’t doing so well and they need a big name to attract attention. Although her relationship with alcohol doesn’t necessarily seem healthy lol

12. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

New season starting today! (Or maybe yesterday lol)

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Omg yes!! Thank you for the reminder. Starting literally right now.

ikanacanyon likes this.
  14. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I only watched the first episode, but it seemed like it was gonna be a good cast! Also the house looks so amazing

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

That rooftop deck:hearteyes:

ikanacanyon likes this.
  16. Readerchan

Hello, my name is Katy, and I am an undergraduate student, studying Japanese pop culture and globalization. Currently, I am researching the influence that Terrace House has on foreigners' perception of Japanese culture/people. If you have the time to fill out this brief survey, it would be incredibly helpful. Please, only non-Japanese viewers of the show fill out this survey (as I am studying non-Japanese perceptions). Thank you!!

Terrace House Survey

ikanacanyon likes this.
  17. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Done! Good luck with your research!