Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Terminator: Dark Fate (Tim Miller, November 1, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 20, 2018.

1. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Maybe if it was good people would have watched it. Plenty of space for women to kick ass. Mad Max Fury Road comes to mind.

2. SFguitar

Regular

I mean it may be bombing but it has pretty favorable reviews overall

3. LightWithoutHeat

4. SFguitar

Regular

Oh. I was looking on rotten tomatoes which I thought was a general consensus

5. Morrissey

Trusted

The attempt at political commentary with the Mexican workers being replaced by machines was bad pandering.

You can say this about pretty much all of these CGI-heavy action movies, but there is no feeling of weight to the way these new Terminators move. When the liquid Terminator would break walls with the original Terminator, or any of the hand-to-hand scenes in the first three films, it always felt more believable. Punching people into the air just makes you aware at how silly it all is.

Everyone knows how the series has been in constant repetition since the second film, but it is really remarkable that all these different writers and directors have not been able to come up with anything other than variations on the liquid Terminator.

airik625 likes this.
  6. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Attempted to watch this last night, but I couldnt get through it without dosing off. I caught like 70% of it, is it me or did Linda Hamilton not add anything to this being back?

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Finally saw this. Thought it was fine. It was adequate, but if this somehow gets a sequel I hope it’s very different.

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Ummm I think the one part of her character that was relevant to the growth of Dani was her view and understanding that it’s not always about how to properly do something. What’s more important is the why you’re doing something and ensuring it’s worthy.

now, this really only makes sense in fictional world. Like during the target practice stuff when she tells Dani they killed you’re family what are too going to do, it helps her focus and hit the targets. Obviously in the real world you still need to know how to aim haha!

but this seems to be true for the Terminator world. I think that core of doing something to defend or avenge a loved one is a huge part of Sarah. She passed that on to Dani and she will be a better leader because of it, in theory.

beyond that? Eh. It could have been almost any other character.

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

I need hollywood to stop making sequels to this, Alien, and Predator.

TSLROCKS and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  11. LightWithoutHeat

Agreed.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I recently rewatched all of the post T2 sequels. Thought Genesys was by far the worst; T3 was ok; Dark Fate was "yeah, decent", and Salvation was pretty awesome. If any of the Terminator universes I want to explore more of, it's Salvation

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

100% this. Salvation was better than anything else post T2. Great cast, good story, effects, ect.

airik625 likes this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 10/9

15. Morrissey

Trusted

There are twice as many bad Terminator movies as there are good ones. It is almost reaching Jaws level.

JamesMichael, tomdelonge and airik625 like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Watched this last night for some reason and regret it.

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Not quite as good as Salvation, but better than the other post-T2 films

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ferrari333SP and michael_gatto like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Sure, why not

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Are they gonna keep up with the time loop?

21. LightWithoutHeat

Just let it die already.

NJPunkMusic, Jusscali and Dan Quinlan like this.
  22. SFguitar

Regular

You would think 3 movie flops in a row would end a franchise

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

unless Cameron himself is directing it, absolute zero interest in anything Terminator related

24. SFguitar

Regular

cameron had his shot and blew it

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

He only directed 1 and 2 and they’re both slam dunks

imthesheriff likes this.