Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Terminator: Dark Fate (Tim Miller, November 1, 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Just like every movie after the first two “Alien” movies, I really don’t know why Hollywood continues to come back to this when it ends up showing that there’s only two different angles to approach this in any fresh way and they’ve already been done.

The cast was solid. Great to see Linda Hamilton back. The highway scene was stunning. But everything after felt like overkill. The dialogue was mostly bad one liners and not in a fun Arnold way.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

welp, this tanked so far

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Super tanked but I still wanna go

5. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

how did Hollywood not know this would tank?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

7/10 pretty good time , doesn’t really need to exist and not much works story wise but it’s a solid action flick.

linda and Arnold are awesome.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I honestly think Terminator: Salvation had a chance at being a third fresh take on this material. I don't think it realistically would have ever been as good as the first two, but if someone more talented than McG had made the movie that was described by everyone as what they were making in the lead up to it being released, that would have been awesome.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh fuck it's losing over 120m

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

Yikes lol

Wellll IMO this is a good place for the franchise to end if the studio chooses

10. Morrissey

Trusted

I just wish I knew some huge Edward Furlong fan who thought that this was finally the renaissance as they sat down in that theater with their soda and popcorn.

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Edward Furlong digital creation looked so bad too. It was like it was PS1 cutscene.

12. SFguitar

Regular

Haven't seen it, probably gonna wait for streaming. Is Furlong in this at all in his current age or is it all a digital flashback?

I wonder how things would have played out for this franchise if Furlong was actually in shape and didn't get involved in legal issues.

13. SteveLikesMusic

Approx 10 seconds of flashback furlong only

SFguitar likes this.
  14. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Enjoyed this quite a lot, could have been better though but as evidenced by Genisys it could have been a lot worse.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I’m thankful that Paramount still produces mid-budget movies like “Crawl,” but can’t imagine the heads that must be rolling over this and “Gemini” tanking back to back.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

"I'm really funny" might be one of the best Arnold line deliveries I've ever heard haha

Greg, Zilla, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

saw this last night. had a good time. probably the best after the first 2. nothing will likely top those, especially 2. Arnold and Linda were great, also enjoyed the new characters for the most part. I thought the de-aging looked pretty good? but i was kind of caught off guard by it and it was over so quick maybe it was worse haha

secretsociety92 likes this.
  19. SteveLikesMusic

Arnold talking about drape patterns was the best.

BornToRun likes this.
  20. michael_gatto

Trusted

Just saw this due to an error on Cinemark's part, enjoyable but nothing great by any means but it's definitely a decent amount of fun. Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis are fantastic. Arnold is in top form (and funny as hell) and I mean it was cool seeing Hamilton back, she was fine.

21. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this was a big time stinker

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Quite like the soundtrack - Junkie XL can create some pretty dramatic and interesting scores

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I already forgot this movie exists and it’s been less than a month since I watched it lol

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Bummed it never got around to seeing it in theaters. Story of my life, lately.

25. Still haven't watched this, and honestly want to only for Mackenzie Davis, but since people are so tired of reboots and sequels, I wonder if the reception would've been different if it had no connection to the franchise, like, was just a new ip sci-fi movie with women kicking ass?