Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Terminator: Dark Fate (Tim Miller, November 1, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Where can I see the first two, are they streaming anywhere? Looks like I won't have to see any of the others before this since they're different timelines (although I always found it interesting that Summer Glau was in the show).

2. The first movie is on Prime Video and Hulu according to justwatch. Doesn't look like Judgement Day is streaming anywhere.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  4. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen the trailer for this. I’m so sick of this movie already haha.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I HUNT TERMINATORS

6. Hahaha god.

“I have been searrrchiiiing...”

David87 likes this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

Is comparing it to The Force Awakens a compliment?

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  8. I'm assuming they mean it's just a nostalgic "return to form" kinda thing.

Also, The Force Awakens might be my favorite Star Wars movie soooo....

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Probably means they kill off the OG leads and tease sequel bait with the new characters.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

missed a screening for this tonight, everything sounds like that was the best move

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh no

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I want to see this just so I can go into it, turn off my brain, and just go along for the ride. I know we're never going to get T2-quality Terminator again (I simply don't know why they can't replicate that quality with this franchise), but this one should be better than the previous sequels.

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is one of those franchises that I just don't see the appeal of. And I love apocalyptic sci-fi. First 2 are great but how many times can you go to this well and drag out this super convoluted story??

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah when you involve time travel into any story, that makes it that much harder to ensure your story makes sense and is relatively logical

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I have no interest in this movie. I don't even remember the last one.

T2>Terminator>Salvation>T3>Whatever the last one was called

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It’s at 67% on Rotten Tomatoes with 134 reviews in. I suppose “middling” is better than anything else we’ve gotten since T2.

17. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

this was........ I dunno.... pointless?

also who the hell takes a baby to a showing of Terminator

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is um concerning but I think James is also probably a control freak

19. Morrissey

Trusted

All of that hype for the return of Edward Furlong ended up being the lie it was always obviously going to end up being.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Haven’t seen this, but Tim Miller can’t catch a break. First Ryan Reynolds boots him from “Deadpool 2” and now it’s revealed Cameron butt heads with him.

Cameron being a control freak isn’t a huge revelation. “Alita” had his hands all over it and none of Rodriguez’s.

21. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I had a film professor who worked with Cameron on several projects. Considered herself to be fairly close to him. She said Cameron had an assistant that would bring him popcorn whenever he needed during meetings and such. She said that when Cameron was finished eating, he would wipe his greasy, buttery fingers all over the front of the assistant's shirt.

22. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Lmao awesome

beachdude and riotspray like this.
  23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was whatever. Not bad, not great. Definitely lol at the Furlong "return", though.

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I assume I can see this and get by without really remembering any plot details of the previous films?

jkauf likes this.
  25. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I know this isn’t “high praise” as far Terminator sequels go, but it’s certainly the best of the bunch since T2. Good to have Sarah Connor back, Arnie mostly shines, but it’s all mostly the same with a new coat of paint. Can’t believe they reported on Furlong coming back and it’s literally a T2 transplant or digital recreation, lol.

Zilla and BornToRun like this.