Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Terminator: Dark Fate (Tim Miller, November 1, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Davjs

Trusted

GovSchwarzenegger
    252 points·3 hours ago
    It takes the same amount of energy to be positive that it does to be negative. And only one of them gets you anywhere.

He dropping some crazy good life advice in here. I love it.

beachdude and DarkHotline like this.
  2. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

the action looks awful, but I'm excited to see Linda Hamilton again.

BornToRun likes this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Anyone ask him about the drop kick to the back?

Davjs likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Upon being wished to feel better after beingdropkicked by some idiot in South Africa last week, Arnold said, “How can I feel better when I didn’t ever feel bad?” As for the fate of the dropkicker: “I didn’t press charges and hope he gets his life on track. That’s no way to get a Lamborghini.”

beachdude, Cameron, Zilla and 3 others like this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The trailer is solid.

BirdPerson and Davjs like this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The villain looks like a dad. I thought that was the point. This new terminator can pose as anyone it chooses, so in the beginning it was Khaki Dad to be unassuming and stealthy and then it'll change into a more rugged dude but nah, it's gona stay Khaki Dad?

People seem stoked on Gabriel Luna, I don't think I've seen anything he's done. But he's like...comedically ordinary in that trailer. It kind of took me out of it. Hope it works better in the movie

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Maybe Ryan Reynolds was right.....

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is a franchise I just cannot get excited about. They shoulda stopped at 2 and it would be a legendary sci-fi story. From 3 on it feels like they keep pumping out trash and then saying “ah crap okay uh we’ll get it right this time.”

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The JP effect sadly

10. flask

Trusted Supporter

And Predator.

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

At the very least, this looks like it’ll be fun and that’s the bare minimum of what I ask for something like this.

12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

The movie should be about a fan going back in time to stop these awful movies from being made. That I would watch. This looks real bad.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I honestly am REALLY wary about getting my hopes up again for another fucking Terminator sequel... the last great movie in this franchise literally came out before I was born. That being said... this looks like it has more potential than the last couple (hopefully).

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The last time I was excited about a Terminator movie was reading a multi-page feature behind-the-scenes story in either Vanity Fair or Esquire way back in 2008 or early 2009. It was about Terminator: Salvation, and I remember that a lot of the stuff McG (wtf?!?!) was saying about how the movie was going to be made it sound like it was going to be AWESOME..........

Davjs, beachdude and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

You were born after Salvation? You are so young!

beachdude likes this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

28 is young!

beachdude likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Man you're only 34 years old?!

j/k I love the second one lol

beachdude likes this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I respect your passion for defending that movie haha... it's certainly more interesting than the other two post-Judgement Day movies. Even if I wouldn't personally call it great, it showed a lot more potential than the mediocrity of T3 or the absolute mess of Genisys.

19. Davjs

Trusted

Yes and yes!

Everyone has one of those movies they walk out of the theater loving and then shocked to find everyone hated it and you don't understand. This is that movie for me lol.

I thought the little call backs and Easter eggs were well done, the acting and cast are great, action is cool and the story was well paced. No complaints really other than the trailer spoiled Sam Worthington's character.

beachdude likes this.
  20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

McG is fun to rag on because of his silly stage name, but he is perfectly serviceable as a director in that he can end up getting cool looking footage out of a production. He is not even in the same conversation as a filmmaker like James Cameron though, and that is always going to be a tough hurdle to clear in this franchise as it staggers along.

Salvation is an absolute mess of a film, but I think it was the only one of the sequels so far that had a chance at being able to live up to the first two, even if Terminator 3 ultimately ended up being the better movie. It is painful to watch Salvation struggle with and ultimately buckle under the fact that the movie star was cast in the wrong role. It could only withstand so many rewrites, last minute plot rejiggers and major story changes that fundamentally alter the underlying plot and story structure before the whole thing descends into clusterfuckery.

And no Terminator film should ever be PG-13. Ever. But I think this hurts Salvation more out of the two. There is more atmosphere, terror and excitement in the two minute glimpse we get of the war against the machines at that start of T2 then there is in the entirety of Salvation's runtime.

beachdude likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I really liked The Babysitter and have his new movie que-d up on Netflix that I'll hopefully get to see soon.

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Like I said, he's fine - I just don't think he was the best suited for what was essentially a war movie.

And I know most fans don't pay attention to this type of stuff, but after I heard the audio of Christian Bale ripping into the DP, I was disappointed that McG didn't defend him more. Even if that's the highest paid star on the production and even if the DP was in the wrong, he should've stepped in. That's not how you handle it.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, at that point he didn't really have a ton under his belt and nothing close to a war movie lol

That's a good point, I never thought about it like that. The Director is kind of like the dad of the whole process and is in charge of everything, he really should have stopped that.

beachdude and Brother Beck like this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I searched for that big article I read about Salvation from around the time right before it came out and I can't find it. It really was a great write up.

25. Davjs

Trusted

I just remember the trailer being sooooo well put together. I remember being so hyped!