Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tennis Discussion Thread • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

These speeches are going to destroy me.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  2. Garrett

Nike and Wilson really cleaned up in the sponsorship department. Four Nike and three Wilson finalists.

3. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Four humble champions in both respective finals. This has been a golden age in tennis.

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Garrett

Glad more tennis people are posting. At one point on AP it felt like I talked to myself.

Now if only I can convince mom to get the package with tennis channel.

WhosBroden? likes this.
  5. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I'll definitely keep you company in here, my friend. I've loved having someone else to talk to who is equally as passionate about the game. Good stuff - Ripper tournament!

Garrett L. likes this.
  6. Garrett

Indian Wells is next, right? Wonder if Serena can finally snap the mental headspace that tournament puts her in. She needs to conquer it. They did her and Venus so wrong for so long.

7. Checkered

Regular

Welled up a little watching that tbh

8. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I believe so - that's in March alongside the Miami Open. Both should make for great viewing. In the meantime I know we have some Davis Cup matches coming up.

I wonder if Federer skips the clay court season altogether again and just goes hard towards Wimbledon? Prior to last night I always thought that was his best chance/surface to win another slam.

9. Garrett

I think Fed should do the big three (Madrid, Rome, Paris) for the points to help his seeding for Wimbledon. But yeah. He should pull a Serena and get ridiculously selective.

10. testtime

Regular

i think federer should retire now. I waited 5 years for this and each point my stomach dropped right there with Mirka. I haven't cried in years and I almost broke down when federer jumped for joy. Years ago I hated when young nadal would wipe the floor with aging federer. Now both past their prime they both deserved it but federer put in so many years. It was a relief and I'm joyful for him--it's so weird. It's like I won the AO :)

11. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

First round of Davis Cup starts today. Surprised how below strength Czech Republic are. We should stroll into the next round all things considering.

12. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Forgot all about Indian Wells - haven't even seen the draw yet. Hopefully I can catch the Federer match in a few hours.

13. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Kyrgios defeats Djokovic for the second time in a week and Federer puts on a masterclass to once again beat Nadal. 6-2, 6-3.

First time ever that Federer has won three straight against Nadal.

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. Iain

Regular

Kyrgios had to pull out, what a gutter!

15. Iain

Regular

Well i missed out on tickets for Andy Murrays charity match against Roger Federer and only tix available are £170 ($215). I really want to see Federer but cant justify that for a three set charity match.

16. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Federer is having an unbelievable year. Australian Open, Indian Wells and now Miami. He's gone through Nadal in each tournament too. Champion.

Garrett L. likes this.
  17. Garrett

Federer's six month injury break to recover, heal, and reset is turning into one of the most amazing early seasons in tennis history. I love it so much. His GQ cover story this month was really great, too.

18. Garrett

Serena is gonna be a mom!

19. Iain

Regular

Didnt get Wimbledon tickets in the ballot, gutted! Managed to go past three years so cant complain!

Going to Queens instead for the first two days, which has some great players in it: Murray, Nadal, Dimitrov, Del Potro, Wawrinka, Kyrios (hopefully get to see!), and Raonic.

20. Iain

Regular

Following on from above, Nadal and Del Potro ended up pulling out. So that was pretty disappointing. I did manage to see Kyrgio, Tsonga, and Dimitrov. Also saw Tsonga & Dimitrov Vs Bryan Bros which was quality.

Latest news is British player Dan Evans failed a drugs test for Cocaine use. This guy has so much potential but keeps doing things like this.

awakeohsleeper and Garrett L. like this.
  21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Enjoying Wimbledon so far. It may be my favourite sporting occasion of the year - I just get so absorbed by it. Great to see British tennis players progressing. It would be great to see some of them (other than Murray) travelling a bit further and reaching the second week. Konta's match yesterday was brilliant.

JM95 likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

Ditto.

Was there myself on Monday. Got to see Nadal for the first time, which was great. Nice to see Konta, Williams and Azarenka as well.

Not so good to see Robson getting dispatched as usual.

23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I've never actually been but would love to go.

24. JM95

Trusted

You definitely should. I've been twice and really enjoyed it both times.

The downside is if you don't get tickets in the ballot then you have to camp out and queue, which is a bit of a pain, although it's been worth it in my experience.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Nadal is in some trouble. I thought he looked good earlier in the tourney, so I am surprised to see him struggling.