Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tennis Discussion Thread • Page 31

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 19, 2016.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol nash

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Raducanu!!

Decided to not wake up at 2am to watch but watched on catch up this morning. Might have to set an alarm for the final!

scottlechowicz and deflector like this.
  3. deflector

formerly pizzatime

probably the most stoked I've been for a women's final in a while

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sooooo happy raducanu won, just the possibility of a sakkari djokavic winner pic would’ve made me barf lol this final is going to be awesome

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Most important question is will zverev bow down and kiss djokavics feet when he loses?

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The real main event woo

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thankful that this final is at a more reasonable time for us Brits than the semi!

Come on Emma!

The crazy thing is that it is amazing whoever wins this. Exciting futures for both of them.

JM95 and scottlechowicz like this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Gronk

9. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Is it just me or have there been a lot of "uncalled let's" this tournament

edit: to clarify, I keep thinking I hear serves clip the net but nothing gets called

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I can’t believe Raducanu won. To start in the qualification rounds three weeks ago and not drop a set... absolutely incredible. Well done indeed.

JM95 likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited for all the racist hypocrites who muttered disgusting shit about the soccer team to give her all the praise

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I really didn’t like the language the espn commentators used to discuss what happened to Emma at Wimbeldon.

They kept referred to it like it was some weakness or fault in her that she “owned up to”.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca Sep 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2021)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Super ableist shit, totally unsurprising considering the way they crap on players. In the new mardy fish documentary they show commentators shitting allover him for withdrawing from the Federer match in truly disgusting manner. To them this is actually a big change because it used to be even worse.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

This doubles final is not exactly the best

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Watching the men’s final on delay.

On the first set now and during a wide shot I saw what was absolutely a dude wearing the Proud Boys polo with one of their shitty haircuts.

So, that’s a real bummer.

16. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Welp don't read this if you're watching on delay but...

happy to eat crow on this one as long as novak eats shit

ItsAndrew likes this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This aged well hahahaha

18. deflector

formerly pizzatime

yeah I know. again, I've never been so happy to be proven an idiot. I think a lot of what I said in there was kind of true though - Medved came to serve today and I'm pretty sure much of his win can be attributed to Djokovic crumbling a bit under the pressure/perhaps being slightly banged up.

anyway Medved is weird. pretty sure the celebration he did after he won was like a gaming reference. He said in his speech that "only legends would understand, it's L2 plus left" Have no idea what that means, but maybe it's like a fortnite thing? also he's just so weirdly calm for someone who just won his first grand slam.

scottlechowicz and ItsAndrew like this.
  19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So darn happy. I was an instant Medvedev fan based on that 2019 US Open final. I had a sense it would be him that knocked off one of the Big 3.

So confident, in fact, that I put $20 on him at the start of this tourney. So I’m quite happy.

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

She did a recent live and said she’s probably going to get it

23. Iain

Regular

Garrett likes this.
  24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I just saw there might’ve been a forged retraction?

scottlechowicz and Iain like this.
  25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter