Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tennis Discussion Thread • Page 26

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 19, 2016.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Osaka may not have even reached her prime yet

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Osaka is going to do to the next decade what Serena did to the last two.

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Don’t jinx it

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I have to watch the following morning because having a baby means I go to bed at like 8 lol.

Watching the Novak match now.

5. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

naomiiiiii hell yeah

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

How are y’all up so early lol

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the other final also super early in the morning?

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

That one year Serena-Venus and Federer-Nadal were at 3:30am I set an alarm assuming it would be the last time we got either in a final.

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, you might be half right

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited for the djokovic redemption story when he wins tomorrow LOL

11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Roland Garros, let’s go!!

Zoshchenko likes this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This whole thing has been so disgusting to watch unfold. It’s as though the media and the tennis bodies conspired to prove Osaka’s point.

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

“We care about your health, but.......”

To be fair, she did know they would do this and said he hopes it goes to a mental health charity so hopefully they do respect her wishes with that.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  14. deflector

formerly pizzatime

So Thiem lost in round 1 after being up two sets and Zverev dropped his first two, wow

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. Iain

Regular

I am not sure what I think on the Osaka issue. If I'm honest, I feel like I'm missing a whole part of the story which makes it hard to make a comment without sounding arrogant to the issue.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m not surprised by Thiem. He has been struggling with his form since the US Open win.

He has talked about how he pushed himself so hard to win a major, focusing on nothing but tennis, and now that he has achieved that...he kinda wants to live his life now.

I’ll be curious to see where his career goes from here.

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Glad to see Roger back and looking strong.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Cilic is definitely gonna try to get his revenge game on roger

19. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Naomi pulling out

20. deflector

formerly pizzatime

That sucks. On the one hand I really feel for Osaka and empathise with her, but I also understand where tennis is coming from in terms of speaking to the media. Ultimately, probably tennis is more at fault for not treating arguably its biggest star with more leeway. Hope she comes back.

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

scottlechowicz likes this.
  22. JM95

Trusted

I've read that tweet a bunch of times and I have no idea what the equivalence is there.

23. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I guess what they're going for is "men's tennis player says something publicly that is irresponsible about health-related concern: no punishment" vs "female tennis player says something publicly that is "responsible" about mental health: punishment." But yeah, it doesn't work because Osaka wasn't punished for her comments about mental health, she was punished for skipping interviews, (which is related to her mental health concern).

JM95 likes this.
  24. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m so thoroughly disgusted with tennis at the moment.

The tennis channel coverage of Naomi’s stand has been appalling. And the statement from the majors was unbelievable.

But more than anything, the complete lack of solidarity or empathy from the other players has been incredibly disappointing.

25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Still waiting for the multi page screed from the majors about Zverev’s punishment for abusing his ex-girlfriend. I’m sure it will be forthcoming at any moment.

Has tennis channel mentioned the allegations against him once?