Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Dunkirk
    The Prestige
    Memento
    The Dark Knight
    Inception

then it's a muddled blur of stuff I don't connect with

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

my opinion/preferences ya dorks!

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

that Christopher Nolan sure does make good movies

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

no he doesn't

:eh:

5. Morrissey

Trusted

Interstellar's love speech and the Matt Damon cameo put it on top.

coleslawed, zachmacD and phaynes12 like this.
  6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It’s ok to not rank things. I promise

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hush, you!

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

sorry, my bad

9. Anthony_

sorry if that statement offends

not actually sorry

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

heh

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I secretly love reading rankings

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

reductive as all hell but i like it for whatever bullshit. within reason of course

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he has made some good movies and has the ability to make a lot more. he has also made some of the most overrated bad movies of the century.

so basically he's a filmmaker

14. I've read a lot of takedowns of Interstellar (the <2min corny love speech is always a go-to), and I get it, but it still just completely resonates with me every time watch it. Like, how am I gonna pretend the docking scene isn't the coolest shit ever?

15. Morrissey

Trusted

I have an unhealthy relationship with WatchMojo top ten lists. It is a pure hate watch but they consume a lot of lunch breaks.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that's like barely better than cinemashits

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Spoilers

18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ranking things can be a good way to start an actual conversation about a filmmaker’s or franchise’s or who/whatever’s body of work. I’ve had good conversations utilizing ‘em. They’re not the inherently lame, annoying things people sometimes make ‘em out to be.

The problem is that, when people who aren’t ranking-haters see a ranking, their immediate response is too often just to type out their own ranking, without explanation or engagement with anyone else’s, leading to pages of posts with less substance than the aforementioned WatchMojo.

Really, though... a lot of kinds of posts have the same effect on these threads, lol. You got people obsessed with shitting on a thing without being interesting or funny in the process. You got dorks on the other end who are allergic to criticism of things they like. Excessive blocks of spoiler-tagged posts can be annoying, too, lol, depending on the context.

flask likes this.
  19. tomdelonge

Trusted

Dis good

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

coleslawed and I Am Mick like this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Anthony_

Good. Hope WB continues to pay a price for their decision.

phaynes12 likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Should have delayed it a year, no doubt

phaynes12 likes this.
  24. Honestly, I think WB made the correct call releasing in theaters and streaming at the same time. While I absolutely hate to see theaters go the way of the buffalo, I think it's going to be a while before you really see people excited to see in an enclosed area with a bunch of strangers who may or may not be Covid positive. (Although this week's NFL games may say otherwise)

I'm not a financial expert by any means, but I'm sure that by delaying all of these films they're losing money anyhow - thinking of having to extend marketing campaigns to keep people's interest. Might as well cut your loses and give fans something during this crazy time.

I understand Nolan's point of view - that he wants his art to be enjoyed in the manner in which he intended. But, I still can't help but feel like delaying Tenet forever was only going to hurt it anyhow. There wasn't a really great answer to this.

That said, I do think it sounds like WB just made a bold decision without consulting their creatives or business partners, which is pretty dumb too.

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious