Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

This is how I have always felt about his films.

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

armageddon was better than interstellar

Nathan, Kyle Max and I Am Mick like this.
  3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Armageddon is what all popcorn movies should try to be.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

AMEN

tdlyon likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

Armageddon made us listen to that dreadful Aerosmith song for years. Interstellar is not guilty of that.

6. atlas

Trusted

To be clear, I haven’t seen any of his other movies except The Prestige (which I liked) and BB + TDK (a long time ago). But I have a hard time believing with the critical reception they’ve mostly gotten that they could be as bad as this. Me and my friends got drunk on election night and Netflix party watched 6 Underground, the most recent Bay movie, and it was awful. This movie provided mostly the same sensation

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'd say the only positive of Interstellar is the music

8. drewinseries

Drew

lol WAT

9. tomdelonge

Trusted

This was aight, somehow kinda generic. I fell asleep

10. tomdelonge

Trusted

Or maybe i woke up

coleslawed likes this.
  11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Give me organ music all day

do not give me "surviving falling into a black hole because you love your daughter and become a ghost that haunts her"

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think this is my cue to unfollow this thread

Anthony_ likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"How is Nolan any different than Michael Bay" is truly a multiverse-brained point of no return for the Entertainment Forum lol

14. atlas

Trusted

That’s not what I said. I asked how this movie is any different than a Michael Bay movie, which is how it felt to me.

15. Anthony_

You aren't the one who said it

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Michael Bay movies are more exciting than this snoozer

17. Anthony_

lmao

18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Nolan is a Michael Bay fan and studies his work fwiw

coleslawed likes this.
  19. phaynes12

i mean, “michael bay movies are more exciting than this snoozer” isn’t even a take worth posting. of course they are. the entirety of michael bay’s career has been based on excitement with little substance

that doesn’t mean his movies are better. almost all of them are worse. but i do agree that nolan movies feel like Bay movies at their absolute peak potential, and he should lean into that more instead of hindering it with gobbledygook nonsense

20. Morrissey

Trusted

The biggest problem with Michael Bay movies are their explicit jingoism more than their technical shortcomings. Nolan's films are considerably more politically confused; does Nolan think that Occupy Wall Street is equivalent to Bane? Is it okay to warrantlessly wiretap an entire city if you blow it all up at the end?

tomdelonge and phaynes12 like this.
  21. Serh Jan 11, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 8, 2023)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

aaaannyyywaaaayyyyy... i saw this

expected a lot worse from what others were saying. besides being a satisfying blockbuster, it was easier to follow than i feared. the cast is no less than memorable, and the action scenes are the best in any nolan movie this side of the first one shown in TDK. pacing was better than expected too, the first half nearly cruised for me. some issues were mentioned already i think. subtitles helped more than they should've, and i'm not fan of debicki's character being more or less a damsel in distress at all. especially for a 2020 blockbuster

but it's good. certainly a step down from how incredible dunkirk was. i probably need to watch it again to see how sold i am on it or if more things need digesting. can't help but assume i'd enjoy this more if i/everyone could see this on the big screen, but most of us will never know that i guess

coleslawed and Anthony_ like this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

now for the *appropriate* ranking

dark knight
    prestige
    memento
    batman begins
    dunkirk
    inception
    tenet
    dark knight rises
    insomnia
    following
    interstellar

23. phaynes12

no way

24. Only one I haven't watched recently is Following. The Prestige moves up every time I rewatch it.

Interstellar
    Inception
    The Dark Knight
    Dunkirk
    The Prestige
    The Dark Knight Rises
    Tenet
    Batman Begins
    Memento
    Insomnia
    Following

coleslawed likes this.