Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 49

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Who has final say whether it gets released in theaters, or anywhere else? I highly doubt Nolan has final say

2. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I'd imagine his public fit about how his movie couldn't be appreciated anywhere but theaters probably had a pretty decent effect on what the studio thinks. He's got sway.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

you can doubt it, fine, that doesn’t mean it isn’t the most likely scenario

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

If Warner wanted to push this out into theaters, they would've even if Nolan was completely on board with it going to VOD. That said there's 0 chance he would've let that happen and absolutely fought for this to be shown in theaters.

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. soggytime

Trusted

All I'm saying is it's a divisive $200 million+ original blockbuster, full on unquestionable blank check movie from Nolan, that is not exactly blowing audiences away (B Cinemascore is bad for Nolan) and was recklessly pushed out during a pandemic that is now bombing horrifically. That has to be some sort of knock on his untouchable career trajectory thus far in some way - Even Spielberg has had bombs before

6. Anyone trying to make predictions about anything like this during a literally once in a lifetime event is fooling themselves.

coleslawed, Drew Beringer and SpyKi like this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

not nearly as much as WB did dropping this when there were plenty of signs it wouldn't work out lol

Furry Werthers and soggytime like this.
  8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Nolan and WB seemin like they vote Republican

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

For the record I saw it and I really really liked it

10. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

SteveLikesMusic and Ferrari333SP like this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

For Mulan - "Under that scenario, net profits would pile up to $261 million for U.S. markets alone — and that’s on the conservative side."

Why isn't Tenet on VOD yet.......

12. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve said it a million times, if releasing stuff on demand early becomes a thing I’ll never go to the theater again. More incentive to build a home theater setup (if I ever get the space to do so)

phaynes12 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah I’m getting a crazy nice set up and have regular viewing parties with people I’m close with

Kyle Max likes this.
  14. I'd still go to theaters for sure. There's way less distractions there than when I am watching a movie in my living room.

BornToRun and aoftbsten like this.
  15. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I'd prefer the theater still, I don't see enough movies to invest into a home system, and then it still feels like "a thing" when I go check a movie out.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Granted, I prefer movies with subtitles since I’m hearing impaired, and avoiding the hassle of spending $15 to see Tenet to only realize I can’t hear half of the dialogue isnt worth it. Varies by movie in theaters

Kyle Max likes this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve amassed a pretty large library on Vudu so I’ll pay the extra couple dollars to own it right off the bat, rather than dropping 30-40 dollars on tickets, snacks, parking, etc

18. drewinseries

Drew

Nothing can replace a theater IMO. AT least with my means, which are fairly nice by most standards.

When this is all over Ima be at a theater at least weekly.

19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I’ll preach the gospel of theaters for the rest of my days. It’s all about the immersion level. Yes, if you’re loaded, you can have a sick theater room built at home, but most of us aren’t in that scenario.

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. I'll certainly go back to theatres when I feel it's safe to do so.

But release this on VOD and then rerelease in theatres next summer

21. brothemighty

Trusted

Just saw it in a drive-in

Best parts were when the movie slows the fuck down and lets you take in the reverse world little by little. Best scene bar none is when he first walks outside while inverted. Everything else is uninteresting and needlessly complex, with exposition connecting your standard hallway/car chase/war scene set pieces run through a reverse filter. Didn't like it.

22. soggytime

Trusted

I saw it. I liked it, but I didn't fully understand it.

If Inception was Nolan's The Matrix, Tenet feels like Nolan's The Matrix Reloaded.

ramomcferno likes this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

24. RyanRyan

Loved it. Visually it completely blew me away, and the soundtrack was excellent.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum