Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan, September 3, 2020) Movie • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 20, 2019.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

could still happen

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

especially a dude certain people love to hate

DrAlanGrant and Anthony_ like this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It's going to be really funny when this is already released overseas but the planned US Labor Day release gets pushed indefinitely and WB is faced with a movie that's already out worldwide but can't open in arguably their biggest market and they lose a shit ton of a money instead of just pushing it or releasing it on VOD

staggered releases already fucking suck, attempting to do it in such an absurdly unstable time is idiotic. i hope it bites them, hard

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  4. I want it to be successful whenever they figure out how to release movies again. :shrug:

coleslawed and Drew Beringer like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I would love an original IP to be a massive hit, but a studio trying to force it out during a worldwide pandemic instead of just delaying it and keeping people safe deserves to fail and lose a shit ton of money.

6. I haven’t seen a release date for it? Don’t they just keep delaying it?

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

internationally 8/26, US 9/3

that US release date will not stand, or will be super limited

8. So why are we mad if we know it’s gonna get delayed again?

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

because it will probably still open internationally in countries that took this seriously, while the US gets delayed again and again

10. Why’s that bad? Isn’t that what should happen?

Drew Beringer and DrAlanGrant like this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

no one would be mad if people stopped caring about spoilers a decade ago like they should have

flask, tdlyon and DrAlanGrant like this.
  12. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That would only be the case if they can release it in the US as planned, right? I can’t imagine things changing enough within that timeframe where WB wouldn’t cancel the International dates, if the US doesn’t quickly follow. They’re practically meme-omg the release date now

13. Anthony_ Jul 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2020)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It shouldn’t come out anywhere until next year when it’s safe. It’s not fair to release it in some markets and not others, nobody “deserves” to see it early because they happen to live in a country whose government handled the virus. That’s absurd. Anyone that can’t be patient and wait needs to grow up.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Funny how people worry so much about spoilers when movies come out first in places other than America for once

phaynes12 likes this.
  15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Movies get released internationally before here in the States, & here before internationally, & at film festivals first, & in NY & LA first, & limited releases that get wider bit by bit, etc., all the time. Aiming for everywhere or almost everywhere at the same time is a relatively new invention for blockbusters, in order to get big worldwide opening numbers.

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just don’t understand why they’re willing to lose money by rushing this out.

18. phaynes12

because they’re obsessed with being the movie to reopen anything for completely idiotic reasons

19. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

That’s the best part, NOTHING else is going to come out after this, so signaling a reopening is so dumb. It’ll just be the only new blockbuster in a sea of nothingness.

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Excellent. Guess I'm gonna have to find a close theater in PA to go see it.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  21. still not going to a theater if it opens here in Indy lol fuck that I don't trust these mouth breathers

22. Wild to me that anyone would consider going to a theatre

GrantCloud and trevorshmevor like this.
  23. phaynes12

absolutely zero chance, y’all desperate

GrantCloud and Drew Beringer like this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I dunno, depending on how this goes, I'm sure other studios will start putting other films out here & there.

25. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Do they not see how bad it would look to see "Tennet premiere linked to hundreds of new covid cases" in the headlines???